Repairs New Drive Belt Will Not Propel Lawn Tractor

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Is the routing diagram on my tractor (and in my owner's manual) wrong?

I am following the diagram from the front of the tractor (engine pulley) to the rear.

I've been looking at this again ...... it DOES appear ...you have the belt routed as per the diagram ...
what I cant understand is ..... IF that pulley (black one) closest to the transaxle is a flat pulley (where the belt rides) that must be
the problem ... meaning the diagram IS wrong... why not try the belt installed on the other side of that pulley (but only if it is a FLAT pulley !! ... see how it operates WITHOUT running the engine... IF it appears OK then try a quick trial with engine running ... WORST scenario it doesnt work & possibly "eat" the belt ...

BiC

Threads
I've been looking at this again ...... it DOES appear ...you have the belt routed as per the diagram ...
what I cant understand is ..... IF that pulley (black one) closest to the transaxle is a flat pulley (where the belt rides) that must be
the problem ... meaning the diagram IS wrong... why not try the belt installed on the other side of that pulley (but only if it is a FLAT pulley !! ... see how it operates WITHOUT running the engine... IF it appears OK then try a quick trial with engine running ... WORST scenario it doesnt work & possibly "eat" the belt ...

I tried your suggestion. It is not a flat pulley like the "stationary flat idler" on the diagram. Also, placing the belt on the other side of the black pulley places the belt out of the belt guide (located on the right side of that pulley- looks like a "V" or "U". I ordered another belt (shorter one) which should arrive tomorrow. I'll post an update then. Thank you for your time.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Since I have done this once(put the belt on and did not put around the drive pulley correctly). Check to see that the belt is in the pulley at the engine and the trans axle. Like I said I did this once. Took over 30 min to notice were I messed up.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I tried your suggestion. It is not a flat pulley like the "stationary flat idler" on the diagram. Also, placing the belt on the other side of the black pulley places the belt out of the belt guide (located on the right side of that pulley- looks like a "V" or "U". I ordered another belt (shorter one) which should arrive tomorrow. I'll post an update then. Thank you for your time.

HONEST Bic .....we are just trying to help ...NOT hinder ..please keep us posted and let us know your outcome
it will help other members in the same situation... Boobala

BiC

Threads
Since I have done this once(put the belt on and did not put around the drive pulley correctly). Check to see that the belt is in the pulley at the engine and the trans axle. Like I said I did this once. Took over 30 min to notice were I messed up.

Thank you for the reply. It is good to go. But, I sure wish that was the issue.

BiC

Threads
HONEST Bic .....we are just trying to help ...NOT hinder ..please keep us posted and let us know your outcome
it will help other members in the same situation... Boobala

Will do. Thank you.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Bic this is really buggin me... it's makin us guys here look like klutz's ..and that ain't so..
going back to the beginning... I'm thinking you said you were mowing tall grass.... then the problem...
if the belt wasn't slipping while you were cutting and it didn't break ... GEEZ I hate to say this... maybe something in your trans has failed... you did check the pulley on the "box" = (transaxle)..?? is there any belt adjuster that may have broken or come loose...only other thing I can think of is a wrong belt ... I know for a fact certain mowers are "fussy" and require OEM belts .. then... some aftermarket belts are not made to correct specs. and finally the possibility that your new belt was a mistaken number .. other than that ... I wouldn't go outside if it's lightning ...( LOL )

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you watch the video you'll notice that the transaxle slows down slips and the belt continues turning so I would not think that it's in the transaxle itself. As far as it's slowing down while he's mowing in wet and Tall Grass. bet it got water on the belt and made it slip.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have also gotten the correct part number on the box and the incorrect part number on the Belt.