revs but misses - ?

smicksburg

Forum Newbie
Threads
New to the forum, extensive engine repair history.

BUT, I need help!

I have an Echo weedeater, 5 years old, basement kept, never got wet... Revs but misses at full throttle. New coil, spark plug, fuel lines, carb. Still doing it. Took it to Echo repair and they replaced some parts, and it still does it. The service was poor and I simply took it home. Any ideas? Played with carb adjustment, new fuel filter, ...

Then, I start my Snapper lawn mower (2013) and it started to miss at high rev as well! Hmmmmm.

Please help me here!

thank you,

- andrew

primerbulb120

Threads
New to the forum, extensive engine repair history.

BUT, I need help!

I have an Echo weedeater, 5 years old, basement kept, never got wet... Revs but misses at full throttle. New coil, spark plug, fuel lines, carb. Still doing it. Took it to Echo repair and they replaced some parts, and it still does it. The service was poor and I simply took it home. Any ideas? Played with carb adjustment, new fuel filter, ...

Then, I start my Snapper lawn mower (2013) and it started to miss at high rev as well! Hmmmmm.

Please help me here!

thank you,

- andrew

On the Echo - if you back off from full throttle, does it stop missing? Many weedeaters have a rev limiter built into the ignition coil that prevents the engine from going over a certain RPM. When the engine reaches the rev limit, the ignition coil stops sparking until the RPM drops.