Briggs & Stratton 8HP Carb setup?

honda200

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an OLD B.S. engine that was off I think an OLD Yard Man rider! I move the TOP throttle lever(orange marker) and the governor moves, but the bottom throttle lever(at bottom) doesn't move! I move the bottom throttle lever and the governor doesn't move, nor does the throttle IN carburetor move! Is this the way it's supposed to be? The engine cover is SO rusted I can't read the model# or Type#! Does anybody know what model number this particular engine(8HP) is? Thanks!

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 14
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 13

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Sounds like all the throttle parts are working fine. the governor arm when the engine is running moves the throttle in the carb to set the engine speed. the governor spring at the bottom of picture number 3 is what controls how much tension is put on the governor to adjust engine speed. the fight between the governor gear on the inside of the engine, and the governor spring is what sets the engine speed at any given moment.

Most likely that is a 1902xx or 1904xx model engine. You will need to clean the rust off of the cover to be able to read the numbers.

honda200

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank You, I lightly sanded the engine cover and found the last 3 digits of model to be 40?! It looks maybe like a 2!

honda200

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sounds like all the throttle parts are working fine. the governor arm when the engine is running moves the throttle in the carb to set the engine speed. the governor spring at the bottom of picture number 3 is what controls how much tension is put on the governor to adjust engine speed. the fight between the governor gear on the inside of the engine, and the governor spring is what sets the engine speed at any given moment.

Most likely that is a 1902xx or 1904xx model engine. You will need to clean the rust off of the cover to be able to read the numbers.

After sanding shroud I put some primer on and the numbers show up as 170402, 1015-01, 70201121 Thanks!