Best self-propelled mower for senior

ronjmb

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi. I am interested in a reliable self-propelled mower with electric start. The Toro "walk behind mower" I now have is much too slow and half the time I feel like I am pushing it. The first couple of years it never took more than one or two pulls to start it. It's in about it's 5th year and has become hard to start. I'd also like the new one to be able to mulch leaves in the fall and small spruce pine cones and twigs in the spring. I live in the U.P. I use an Airens snow blower in the winter and it has adjustable speed which works pretty good for me. It would be nice to find a lawn mower with similar capabilities. Any suggestions?

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome: Welcome to the forum!

I'm going to move your thread over to our buying and pricing section. :smile:

cruzenmike

Threads
I second the Honda HRX! The new design of the speed selector let's you turn a dial to select how fast you want it to move and has a nice ergonomic handle for engaging the drive. I have an older version of the HRX that is about 8 years old and it has been a very reliable machine. I will say this, the mower is a bit heavy, despite the plastic deck, but no heavier than your Ariens snow blower at home. So if you can handle that in the winter, the HRX will be no issue in the summer.

Mike

eric102

Threads
Yep, the Honda's are great, mine is 27 years old and still going strong. Its got the old school aluminum deck though.

mobilehongyen10

Forum Newbie
Threads
26a1.png
âš¡
26a1.png
âš¡
26a1.png
âš¡
Nóng Hừng Hực! Tin vui cho Mi Fan đây!
26a1.png
âš¡
26a1.png
âš¡
26a1.png
âš¡

safe_image.php

2728.png
✨
1f4f1.png
📱
1f4f1.png
📱
1f4f1.png
📱
2728.png
✨
Từ ngÃ*y 7 - 11/04/2017 khi mua Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X chÃ*nh hãng sẽ được nháº*n ngay má»™t
1f381.png
ðŸŽ￾
1f381.png
ðŸŽ￾
vòng Ä‘eo tay thông minh Xiaomi Mi Band 2 chÃ*nh hãng tại Hồng Yến mobile
1f381.png
ðŸŽ￾
1f381.png
ðŸŽ￾

1f446.png
👆
Quá hấp dẫn! Ä￾ến Hồng Yến mobile để nháº*n ngay Æ°u đãi nÃ*o!
1f446.png
👆

http://www.hongyen.vn/dien-thoai/1541/Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-4X.html
#xiaomi #xiaomiredminote4 #miband2 #khuyenmai

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Another vote for the Honda. I have a similar 15 year old aluminum deck Masters Series - don't know the model number, and I have never done anything to it other than sharpen the blades and change the oil. It has never failed to start even though I have never winterized it properly. I don't have a lot of hours on it being as I have larger mowers I usually use, but I can always rely on it when I do need it.

mikehouse

Threads
Hi. I am interested in a reliable self-propelled mower with electric start. The Toro "walk behind mower" I now have is much too slow and half the time I feel like I am pushing it. The first couple of years it never took more than one or two pulls to start it. It's in about it's 5th year and has become hard to start. I'd also like the new one to be able to mulch leaves in the fall and small spruce pine cones and twigs in the spring. I live in the U.P. I use an Airens snow blower in the winter and it has adjustable speed which works pretty good for me. It would be nice to find a lawn mower with similar capabilities. Any suggestions?
Hi there.I found that putting a little Seafoam in the the cylinder of your spark plug (spark plug out) tilting your mower back overnite every now and then helps.It has for both of my units.I usually do this every oil change at 1st,but now maybe twice a season now.Not more than a cap full.Try it.Can't hurt.