Raptor SDX 54 with FR691V engine

Jefferey

Threads
Hi gang new kid on the block, I just picked up my new Raptor SDX 54 yesterday and it came with the Kawasaki FR691V engine in it. Can't mow yet, but drove it around for a while and the engine seems to surge at high speed and I am almost sure its not going at 7.5 mph, heck my old little JD fast track 235 42 inch rode much faster then this.
Maybe it just need to be broke in ?
It has about 25 mins on the engine now :) any help would be great, thanks!
I choose this brand cuz if its great build and I wanted a mower to last and not fall apart :)
I love this thing.
Jeff

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I hope you started with fresh fuel. It sounds like a fuel issue.

Jefferey

Threads
Yup new fuel. I will contact my dealer, as he put the fuel in it for me not much tho. I topped it off yesterday

kraky

Threads
Engine surging is almost always a sign that it's not getting enough fuel for some reason. Any chance this machine was sitting at the dealership with fuel in it and it kind of went bad in the carburetor? That's a nice engine I've had it in 2 mowers.... but I'm afraid something's up there. I'm sure you probably know this but make sure you don't use fuel with ethanol.

Jefferey

Threads
Thanks for the reply I will ask them tomorrow. I will let you guys know what they say.
It a local ma/pa shop 5 miles away. I thought this would be better then the Lowes store :)
They are really nice people I know they will make it right.

Jefferey

Threads
My dealer is stopping by this week to pick it up and run some test to make it right.

turboawd

Threads
dumb question, but is the choke knob all the way down(off)?

Jefferey

Threads
Engine surging is almost always a sign that it's not getting enough fuel for some reason. Any chance this machine was sitting at the dealership with fuel in it and it kind of went bad in the carburetor? That's a nice engine I've had it in 2 mowers.... but I'm afraid something's up there. I'm sure you probably know this but make sure you don't use fuel with ethanol.

I asked that yesterday and he got all of his 2017's in DEC, and they sit in a storage area for a few months, but he says he put additive in the fuel, and there is only maybe a half gal in these when he gets them in. thinking maybe put some sea foam and get that bad boy cleaned out, however I want them to do an RPM check and fix the tracking a bit , and this wont cost me a dime . hopfully this will all be done by friday this week.

will keep you guys updated

Jeff

Jefferey

Threads
My Guy stopped by today while I was at work worked on it and put it back in the garage ,
I get home rode it and it runs great. I will have to call and see what he did to it. :)