What blower should I get.

RDA.Lawns

Threads
Valve adjustment is listed in the book on the 4mix engine as regular maintenance. I own no sthil products I'll never own anymore of their products. And no matter what brand you like I'd go with 2 stroke. They out preform 4strokes and are lighter.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Valve adjustment is listed in the book on the 4mix engine as regular maintenance. I own no sthil products I'll never own anymore of their products. And no matter what brand you like I'd go with 2 stroke. They out preform 4strokes and are lighter.

As far as being listed in the book as regular maintenance I don't doubt that, but if the blower or other piece of equipment is working perfectly fine why screw around with it. As far as the 2 Stroke being lighter (not so) The Makita comes in at 22.6lbs, Husqvarna 580@25.8 Husq. 150@22.5lbs The Echo 580@22.6 the 770@24.3 their 760@26.5 Redmax 7500@23.3 their 8500@24.6 and the Stihl BR 600 4 stroke@ 20.9lbs. The Stihl 4mix is also is cheaper to run than the 2 strokes.

https://www.stihlusa.com/products/technology/backpack-blower-fuel-savings-calculator/

Last edited:

RDA.Lawns

Threads
Sounds like your mind is made up buy what you want. I can promise you my Maruyama will out perform yours. And the 5 year warranty is unbeatable.

primerbulb120

Threads
I own several Stihls and they are great machines, I don't have anything against the brand. I just prefer 2 stroke.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I own several Stihls and they are great machines, I don't have anything against the brand. I just prefer 2 stroke.

I don't have an issue with the two stroke engines, my chain saws are 2 stroke and my BR200 is a 2 stroke and there a good engine but there no where close to being the 4 mix engines. The problem you'll have with the 2 stroke engine is, there going the same way as the marine outboard motor went or is going. The 2 stroke is going to be a thing of the past whether we like it or not.

stevestd

Threads
A Stihl rep told me about 10 years ago that they introduced the 4 mix to comply with Californian (?) emission control laws. Have been using a BR600 for the past 10 years. Only maintenance done to this machine was to replace the plug and air cleaner about 2 years ago because I though I should. Mechanic at local mower shop told me that plugs are more likely to fail in two strokes. I also have a hand held Stihl blower (commercial) but this has not been used since owning the backpack blower.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hi everyone I'm looking at getting a used leaf blower and wanted some input on my options.

Someone I found in my town is selling some blower and this is the txt with all the info

I actually have 4 blowers:
Stihl SM56 C-E which is the one I mentioned has the vac kit. $150
Stihl BG65 low noise, old, ugly, but works. $75
Entry level Echo. Loud and shaky but works. $50
Marita BHX2500CA commercial 4 stroke. $200

Witch is best for my buck what are some pros and cons?
Anyone know anything about the Marita?

Whatever you get, ....make sure it doesn't blow SMOKE up your butt ... like these guys are ..... ( LOL )

SORRY guys... ya'll know how I get once in awhile.... sometimes .. a smile or laugh is in order... Boobala ..:laughing: ..:laughing:

primerbulb120

Threads
I don't have an issue with the two stroke engines, my chain saws are 2 stroke and my BR200 is a 2 stroke and there a good engine but there no where close to being the 4 mix engines. The problem you'll have with the 2 stroke engine is, there going the same way as the marine outboard motor went or is going. The 2 stroke is going to be a thing of the past whether we like it or not.

When all the manufacturers start using 4 mix engines, I'll start using them. Until then I like my 2 strokes. :smile:

stevestd

Threads
You are right, it will never happen because the 4Mix is patented. The Stihl website also says that adjusting valve play is a thing of the past.