TB110 (B&S) Not Starting

velodork

Forum Newbie
Threads
So I was 15 minutes from pulling the trigger on an electric mower and out of the blue my father in law offered to donate his "old" equipment to me. Sweet!

Came home with a TB110 pusher with a B&S engine. He cautioned that though it didnt have a ton of use on it that it hadnt been fired up in about a year... Ive been cruising various forums/youtube videos and have tried the following the get it fired up:

1. Starter fluid into the carb (turns over but shuts down)
2. Replaced spark plug, adjusted to .030 spacing (nothing)
3. Disassembeled and cleaned carb. I DID find a dead bug which I THOUGHT would have been the problem, but still nothing. (nothing)

What next? Ive seen several people suggest running seafoam through but at this point after already cleaning the carb that seems pointless but maybe Im wrong???

Any advice you all have is really appreciated!!!

EDIT: Fixed! I had to take the carb apart again the make sure it was completely cleared of all the crud. After I put it all back together it fired up and worked like a charm! Added higher octane fuel with Sta-Bil per manufacturers instructions this time around.

Last edited:

primerbulb120

Threads
Did you drain all the old gas out of the tank? These engines can be VERY picky when it comes to fuel.

velodork

Forum Newbie
Threads
Did you drain all the old gas out of the tank? These engines can be VERY picky when it comes to fuel.

yes, completely drained tanks, carbs, lines and replaced with fresh gas treated with Sta-bil per manufacturers instructions.