Toro of my own

Mick Oz

Threads
I've been getting on great with my new to me Toro 380h. But this afternoon it would not start.
Seemed like it was very close but after a look at the Carby I saw that, what I think is the choke linkage has no spring return so it was vibrating around on its own. I will add a picture, what I'm referring to is the black plastic lever on top of the carb.
Also once I adjusted it by hand while turning the key, the engine fired and ran well. It looks as if a spring is supposed to be hooked to the front of this lever.
The model and engine are.

The ID numbers are
Model: 31E777
Type: 0130-B1
Code: 080728ZD

Attachments

• IMG_4745.jpg
    IMG_4745.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4747.jpg
    IMG_4747.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 17

Mick Oz

Threads
That second picture is a shocker sorry

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
That second picture is a shocker sorry

The spring on the bottom of the CHOKE lever gets fouled up with dirt , crap n whatever ... (the inset shows a spring with the foam rubber dust boot it comes with when NEW ) I spray mine with carb. cleaner while moving it back n forth, then I apply a good dose of WD-40 ...have to do this several times a season ..( it's the nature of the beast ) .........there is only 1 (one) linkage arm on this choke lever
see attached pics....Boobala

choke_spring.JPG ..DSCN1958.jpg ..DSCN1959.jpg ..DSCN1962.jpg ..DSCN1963.jpg

Mick Oz

Threads
Thanks Boobala, the pictures are so much easier to see than the top of my carb as it is tucked away in a dark little spot. The spring being fouled up does make sense. I will give it a clean with a toothbrush, as it's about the only thing I can reach in with.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks Boobala, the pictures are so much easier to see than the top of my carb as it is tucked away in a dark little spot. The spring being fouled up does make sense. I will give it a clean with a toothbrush, as it's about the only thing I can reach in with.

Why don't you remove the air filter assembly so you have full access to the carburetor as
you see in my pics ?? Give yourself room to see and work !!

Mick Oz

Threads
That is exactly what I'm going to have to de Boomba, just a spray with WD40 was not enough so far. The choke control only move 1 or 2 mm when I change the Throttle control from Choke to Run.
I will remove the aircleaner tomorrow morning.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Be careful scrubbing around the spring because there s a foam seal around the shaft.
While it is in front of the fuel so it will not affect the mixture it does allow a lot of dust in and gumming up the shaft.
The shaft butterfly spring & cover come as a kit only
Also check that the choke rod is in the correct place .
A lot that the customer has "fixed / cleaned etc" end up with the control in the wrong place

Mick Oz

Threads
It seems to have lost the foam cover for the choke spring. So when it is moved to full choke by the throttle lever on Start, it does not return, i can live with it but will have to fix it at some point now that I know it has a problem.

Attachments

• IMG_3289.jpg
    IMG_3289.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3290.jpg
    IMG_3290.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3292.jpg
    IMG_3292.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 3