hustler raptor

scamp63

Forum Newbie
Threads
Don't buy a raptor they don't honor their warranty. neither does Lowes.

kraky

Threads
I get so sick of baited posts like this. Are we all supposed to feel guilty for owning the brand of machine you have trouble with and come running to put out your fire?
Put on your big boy pants and you might find some helpful people that can help get a reasonable outcome. Sorry to be blunt....it's a machine...alot of components aren't even made by Hustler....and poop happens.....how you clean the poop up is what matters. Be reasonable....give details....you might get a good outcome.

mhavanti

Threads
Scamp,

What seems to be the problem with the Hustler?

Max

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you want to vent your spleen, you are in the wrong place.
Go over to Whingpool or Products spew or any other site specifically created for throwing tantrums on.

If you want your mower fixed then explain clearly your mowers problem

Mr. Mower

Threads
Being skeptical here but notice that the original poster (scamp63) only has one (1) post submitted to the entire forum and that's it? Nothing else? No other previous post or follow up post? Not even giving an explanation as what problem(s) they are encountering?

Why would someone take the time to only subscribe to a forum and submit just one (1) post just to vent out whatever problem(s) they my have with a certain brand (of anything for matter) is really anyone's guess? Maybe their goal was to only bad mouth the manufacturer, the product, etc.....after a bad experience?

Anyway with all that being said, I also purchased my Hustler Raptor (Flip-Up 54" deck) through Lowe's and just to be fair here, I have not encountered any problems when dealing directly with Hustler Corp. on any warranty related issues for that matter. Not even when dealing with the authorized Hustler dealer (located in another town) when I had my Hustler Raptor serviced by them (in reference with the Hustler Corp. warranty).

As for dealing with Lowe's well the policy for Lowe's purchase is a customer has a 30 day grace period on returns (for something like a Hustler mower). If the individual would have read "all the paper work related to their Hustler mower when it was delivered" they would have noticed the specific's that first and foremost they needed to registered their mower and then if the owner/customer encountered any problems to contact Hustler Corp. directly and proceed from there.

The only reason why I did purchase my Hustler Raptor through Lowe's is because of two reasons. One they were the only one's to offer me a military discount on my purchase and two they were the only one's that offered "free delivery" to my house! Everyone local dealer wanted to charge me $$ just to deliver it and wouldn't even offer any sort of military discount either.

mhavanti

Threads
I have no problem with his post. Most likely a person may be looking to see what reaction they get from their post as far as someone asking what the problem is or possibly how to proceed with a warranty question to the mower company, etc.

Lets not drive people off, let's find out how we can help them. Yes, it may be old answering the same old questions or asking (telling) folks to post their brand, model, serial, pant size, sock color, underwear brand and type. However, not one of us were ever old hands the first time out of the gate.

I'm not scolding anyone, just give the fella the benefit of the doubt. Lets teach newbies the protocol and from there, my bet is they'll pass this forward.

Mr. Mower, thank you, Sir, for your service to our great nation or wherever you may live.

Y'all have a great day.

Max

scamp63

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have no problem with his post. Most likely a person may be looking to see what reaction they get from their post as far as someone asking what the problem is or possibly how to proceed with a warranty question to the mower company, etc.

Lets not drive people off, let's find out how we can help them. Yes, it may be old answering the same old questions or asking (telling) folks to post their brand, model, serial, pant size, sock color, underwear brand and type. However, not one of us were ever old hands the first time out of the gate.

I'm not scolding anyone, just give the fella the benefit of the doubt. Lets teach newbies the protocol and from there, my bet is they'll pass this forward.

Mr. Mower, thank you, Sir, for your service to our great nation or wherever you may live.

Y'all have a great day.

Max
Thanks. I bought mine last year after alot of research, thought I found a good brand. But after two month it broke down, they said it was a fuse, no charge. Then two months later a pulley goes bad throws belt. Lowes tell me belt isn't under warranty. I say that's fine, but they charged me for all charges. So I contacted Hustler and they check into it and tried to give me accessories for what I was out. But I just wanted reimbursed. They said ok but still haven't receive anything. That's why I posted what I did. want people to see when trying to research.

Stingray69

Threads
I too ordered mine through Lowes because I had a 10% off coupon. That brought the price on a Raptor SD 54" to $3600. Only slightly above the price of big box store entry level ZTRs. With 2800 series drives Kawi motor fabricated deck and commercial size tires I think it is a lot of mower for the money. I had a couple minor issues that a hustler dealer quickly resolved. They even ordered me a piece under warranty and I installed it myself instead of hauling the mower in. I have found the warranty support from the dealer and Hustler to be top notch. I have bought a lot of mechanical stuff new and almost all of it has had some kind of warranty work. I figured from day one if I had a problem I would not get warranty work from Lowes............it is Lowes come on, they sell stuff! I would suspect you would not get and better support on a JD Toro or any other brand from them.

Try to find a dealer, they should take care of you.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thanks. I bought mine last year after alot of research, thought I found a good brand. But after two month it broke down, they said it was a fuse, no charge. Then two months later a pulley goes bad throws belt. Lowes tell me belt isn't under warranty. I say that's fine, but they charged me for all charges. So I contacted Hustler and they check into it and tried to give me accessories for what I was out. But I just wanted reimbursed. They said ok but still haven't receive anything. That's why I posted what I did. want people to see when trying to research.

Pulley goes bad & throws a belt is some what obscure.
Belts & Blades are never covered by warranty.
If the pulley was faulty from new then you are also entitled to a replacement belt.
However pulleys can also be damaged by sticks & stones.
And there are 6 pulleys under the mower which one "went bad"

mhavanti

Threads
Scamp,

Take Bert's post to heart. Bert is a very knowledgeable professional from down unda with excellent information and suggestions. It always a pleasure to read Bert's down to Earth, straight forward suggestions.

Check out your pulleys, the belt for injuries from foreign objects to its environment. If you find the pulley has no damage and perhaps a bearing is bad or whatever the reason, then go to Lowes, report the problem and explain the pulley caused the damage to the belt. That it should be covered by Hustler along with the belt as collateral damage and you would appreciate them stand up to the warranty. Also, contact Hustler once again at:

Hustler Turf
Excel Industries
P. O. Box 7000
Hesston, KS 67062-2097

Phone: (620) 327-4911
Fax: (620) 327-2117
https://www.hustlerturf.com/

here is their direct email:
inquiries@excelii.com

After you've done all that and you feel that you have not received the appropriate service go to this Facebook Hustler Turf Equipment Customer Reviews Page and give your review. Make it specific without using any kind of fowl language or inflammatory remarks or in any way defame the company and you may get a much better result in the near future. I've already found placing a "youtube" review with a link to it in the review helps get immediate attention from their company. Here is the link for that Hustler review page in Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/HustlerZeroTurn/

As always, good luck and to Bert, thank you, Sir, for the good advice for this gentleman.

Max