Interchangeable decks for a Yardman 42"

joem789

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi

This is my first post here. I was recently given an old Yardman 42" 13an791g755 lawn mower. I think its a 2005 model. One of the mounts on the deck is cracked so bad that its hanging too low to the ground. I tried taking off the deck and whacking it straight. Then fastening brackets to hold it up. It helped. But not good enough. I would say a good welder could make it good. But my eyes won't let me weld anymore. And I am thinking this rusty deck just aint worth paying money to fix it.

So. I am looking for an inexpensive solution to this problem. The mower is in real good shape for what it is. I like my CC better. lol. But this mower cuts darn good. So i wanna save its life. A new deck would do it wonders considering how rough it is on my property. But, I don't want to end up paying $200+ on the official part. I have seen some cheaper decks out there that simply say "Yardman 42" deck". But have no idea if it would fit and work. Does anyone have any idea what decks may be a drop in replacement on this mower?

Thanks much

JJM

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Unless it can not be welded back in place I would weld it. Worst case is they will have to weld a plate under the deck to weld to. $45.00 in my neck of the woods.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Pictures of your deck would have helped ...take many pics of your deck, then hit Craigs/list and see whats available.. sometimes ... your local mower shops keep a USED -PARTS section ... try there .... bring your pics on your camera ( or print them out ) and compare the available item.. you will find decks are NOT as plentiful as mowers. Be sure it's from
MTD brand of mower ...MTD made Yardman, YardMachine , White, and many
others.... I would stay with the Yardman series or yard machines .... paying careful attention to the mounts .... other series / years are slightly different and can lead to a "can of worms" ....good luck ...Boobala

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The inexpensive solution is to take it to some one who can weld or call in a local handyman services that does welding.