New Ryobi Tractor

Max Headroom

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm home owner with a small lot (<1 acre) so my lawn equipment needs are strictly consumer grade. As such I am drawn to the big box stores for my purchase acquisitions. I don't purchase extended warranties because I have always had good luck with trouble free products. The one time that I did have a defective product, the BBS (Kmart) gave me a full refund even though the product was 3 years old.

I find myself drawn to the new evolving electric technology. I have owned hybrid, electric hybrid, and full electric autos. I recently came across a Ryobi full electric riding mower at Home Depot. It's more compact than a conventional tractor and is go kart-ish in appearance. Price wise its seems a little steep. But a high price point is normally associated with any evolving technology.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-RM480e-38-in-Battery-Electric-Riding-Lawn-Mower-RY48110/300246266

I want this. Just waiting for my 23 year old Poulan tractor to die.

Jack17

Threads
Run time 120mins on a single charge (when battery is new) if that's enough time for you then go for it. :thumbsup:

Max Headroom

Forum Newbie
Threads
I don't like spending more time on lawn than necessary. So I trim my lawn often (at least once a week). The frequent trimmings actually equate to less time spent mowing (especially if you bag). Typically, its takes me about 40-45 minutes to trim my lawn with bagging (on a tractor). I believe that frequent cutting is even more critical when using electric powered lawn equipment because they simply lack the power of their gas powered counterparts.

papajack

Forum Newbie
Threads
Bought the Ryobi electric riding mower. Works great. Cuts 2 hours. Goes great with my EGO lawnmower.
Mower a soccer field with no problems. Uses the same batteries as a electric wheel chair.

RDA.Lawns

Threads
Smh ... That is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard of. I'll tell my wife. Hey baby I can't finish the yard lawnmower has to change lmfao......no substitute for HP and fuel.

MowerMike

Threads

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
Smh ... That is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard of. I'll tell my wife. Hey baby I can't finish the yard lawnmower has to change lmfao......no substitute for HP and fuel.

Not sure on that rider if swapping batteries is practical - but on some battery push mowers, if you have 2 batteries, one will charge while you mow with the other. You would never run out of 'fuel'.

I think a Kobalt electric will do that.

Max Headroom

Forum Newbie
Threads
The shorter operating usage capacity offered by electrical power equipment has a limited target audience. Those who fail to see the viability of these products are obviously not part of the market share that these products are designed for. I love the advancements in electrical technology. I've owned hybrid, plug-in hybrids, and electric cars. I've even considered electric snow blowers. But, alas they lack the power, sturdiness, and operating capacity of their gas powered alternatives. While an electric lawn mower suits my needs for my small yard. Not all electrical power equipment suit my needs. I have no issues in mixing technologies to meet my personal needs.

northwestpat

Forum Newbie
Threads
This is my first post on this forum. I purchased a Ryobi RM480e at Home Depot for $2500, a year ago in June 2018. Have about 15000 square feet of lawn and about 3 acres of field. It works great. No more messing with gas, clogged carburetors, etc. I built a tool carrier on the back of it to carry my chain saw, pole saw, loppers and other tools. It also easily tows my DR 11.5 Chipper and fully loaded garden cart. I also have a JD tractor with a brush hog, but as long as I keep the 3 acres of tall grass in the fields at a manageable height, I prefer using the Ryobi over the tractor. I understand that Ryobi just came out with the ZT-480e battery operated zero-turn version for $3500.

Here is a list of my tools (or toys, as my wife says) that I use to to maintain our property:
John Deere 4110 with Bucket, Backhoe, Brush-hog, Grapple, Forks, Tiller, Land Rake and BigToolRack
Ryobi RM480e electric riding mower
Honda GCV160 Push Mower
Greenworks 40v chainsaw (16" and 12"), pole saw, hedger, 14" trimmer; 80v backpack leaf blower
Stihl Trimmer with blade
Brinly-Hardy 0 cu. ft. Tow-Behind Cart and Broadcast Spreader
Ironton Tank Sprayer
Northstar Pressure Washer

Attachments

• Ryobi Mower with tool rack.jpg
    Ryobi Mower with tool rack.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 11