Repairs Toro Timecutter 4235 Transmisson help

fatd132

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought this mower used, and it worked fine when I test drove it. After 30 min of mowing the mower gets sluggish, and the left tire will stop moving. I figured it was the hydrostatic transmission, but this model's transmission is "unserviceable". Before I buy a new one, I wanted to know if I can drill and hole in the top and bottom. Drain the old oil out and add new oil. Just wanted to know if anyone has tried anything like this? or if anyone has an idea before I scrap the mower?

Jack17

Threads
I bought this mower used, and it worked fine when I test drove it. After 30 min of mowing the mower gets sluggish, and the left tire will stop moving. I figured it was the hydrostatic transmission, but this model's transmission is "unserviceable". Before I buy a new one, I wanted to know if I can drill and hole in the top and bottom. Drain the old oil out and add new oil. Just wanted to know if anyone has tried anything like this? or if anyone has an idea before I scrap the mower?

If this is EZT hydro then it needs to be removed from the mower in order to get to the fill port. Once is out just tip it upside-down, drain what's in it and refill it with 20W50 motor oil. There is no need to drill holes. Let me see if I can find a link to a manual.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You can go to Hydro-gears web site and download the repair manual for the ZT2100 / ZT 2200 for free.
Hydrogear retail direct to the public in USA and also have authorised repair centers.
Down here I can get a service replacement ( overhauled tranny ) exchange for a reasonable price.
Small independent repair shops will do Hydrogear repairs but major brand franchises are not allowed to do it as the units are fitted as "non-servicabel"