Belt For Earthquake Tiller #3365B

Darrel

Threads
I bought a Earthquake Front tine tiller Model 3365 B from Home Depot in Aug 2009 . I was changing the oil the other day when I noticed the foward drive belt was cracked in several places. I thought no problem I would just go by Napa and pick up a new one . I bought a 26" and it was to tight so went back and bought a 27 " to long . I called Earthquake and found out it is a special metric belt somewhere between 26" and 27" and they are VERY hard to find local I went to all the local parts and garden stores to no luck . I went on line to google and again no luck. I called earthquake and they were out of stock and would not have any for 3 or 4 weeks . What do you do when your garden needs tilling now. It is to big to bring out the garden hoe. I finally found one by accident at Rural King at the engine repair shop . It had dust all over it and had been hanging for years $15.00 and they said they had one more, it will be mine next trip to town. These are well made tillers but I would think twice buying another one because of the problems with finding parts local. If anyone needs to find one of these belts I have the parts " maybe you would have better luck finding it . The # is 37 x 138 3370 EB Hope this helps someone.

bones66

Threads
I have an older model Earthquake tiller. It's been a very good tiller and still going strong. Easy to use and my wife has no problem handling it if I get behind and the garden needs tilling. Back to the topic. Several years ago I had a belt break. I got out my trusty owners manual (before I had internet) and looked up the part number. The number in the book wasn't a number that could be interchanged with any of the belt manufactures. I called Earthquake told them I was in the process of tilling my garden and needed the belt now and ordering wasn't an option. Could he help me? He told me the Gates belt numbers for the Drive belt and the Reverse belt. I wrote then in my owners manual! (More on this later) I headed over to the local parts store and picked them up. All was well for several years. Broke another belt this year looked for my owners manual and can't find it anywhere. Once again I called Earthquake.......Lady said she doesn't have any other number other than Earthquake numbers. I told her about the gentleman giving me the Gates part number before but that didn't phase her. I guess there's a lesson or two to be learned here.....Customer Service isn't always Customer Service. Took the old belt to the parts store and they matched it up. I'll find that owners manual somewhere!

Bobvw

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 3365. The belt that works on it is a 4L270, or an A25. 4L270 is a Granger, and a Gates number as well as many other makes of belts.