Changing blades on a 2000 9572 72" deck

Mobilemax

Forum Newbie
Threads
Since this deck doesn't have a power lift, what is the right way to prop up the deck to get to the blades? Jack up the front? If so, what jack do you use? Make some kind of ramp? Remove the deck from the mower and use the deck jack? It doesn't go very high and is worn too much to trust it. Just curious how others service the blades.

It's attached to a 2000 725k.

Mobilemax

Forum Newbie
Threads
OK 100 bucks at Harbor Freight and a 52" piece of Unistrut
IMG_0043.jpgIMG_0044.jpg

173abn

Threads
I use an electric hoist [harbor freight] mounted to a beam trolley that runs along an H-beam in my shop.I can lift the 60" deck high enough to clean under the deck and change blades .this is on a front mount.if you have the midmount then I don't know what works best...russ

BWH

Threads
Before I had a power fold deck I had a 60" manual fold, even with the optional coil spring lift assist, it was still too much for a 60 year old to lift. I invested in a $40 1/2 ton chain hoist and just lifted the whole front with a chain and homemade deck hooks. I also used the hoist to lift off my steel hopper off when I needed. Actually I use it to lift the front of lawn tractors to easily remove the blades for sharpening. I connect it to a architectural designed wood beam that I purposely over engineered when building my shop.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I use some 20" truck ramps with solid tops for a quick blade change/ deck clean / spindle change.
Then there is a 1 Ton yard crane for working on thee underside of tractor style mowers.
Before that I was a chain hoist over a branch or from a 1st floor verandah post.