24* vs 15* trailer ramp for a zero turn?

mikeypizano

Threads
I need to find a trailer for my Toro SS4225, and all I can find is one with a 24* ramp, Toro book says I need 15*.

Will this work?

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I need to find a trailer for my Toro SS4225, and all I can find is one with a 24* ramp, Toro book says I need 15*.

Will this work?

It will work if you let air out of the trailer tires until they are flat then un-hook the trailer and jack the tongue up far enough. If you purchase one of these air hoses and an adapter to fit one of the mower spark plug holes the mower engine can be used to inflate the tires back to recommended psi, then don't forget to hook the trailer back to the ball hitch and you be on your way.

Attachments

• Tire Pump 2016.jpg
    Tire Pump 2016.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 8

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
OK so I do not understand this question. Is this for width of ramp or length? In either case I would see bigger is better. Longer would give you a better angle to not scrape deck when loading trailer and wider would give you less chance of falling off.

mikeypizano

Threads
OK so I do not understand this question. Is this for width of ramp or length? In either case I would see bigger is better. Longer would give you a better angle to not scrape deck when loading trailer and wider would give you less chance of falling off.

The angle of the gate. Toro wants a 15* angle, best I can find is 24.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
OK so if you raise the tung of the trailer the angle gets smaller. 2 way I can think of is smaller tires or change the height of the adapter to you trailer hitch. Mine is a 2" drop then flip it over and its a 1" raise. Or you could buy something like this. http://m.autoanything.com/towing/trimax-razor-adjustable-hitch-ball-mount.
With all that being said have you hooked it to your hitch to verify the angle?

mikeypizano

Threads

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would suggest going to a trailer place hooking it up first and then check in the angle.

mikeypizano

Threads
I would suggest going to a trailer place hooking it up first and then check in the angle.

With deck level, according to Carry-On, the deck is 19.25" high, and gate is 48" long so its 24* angle.

RDA.Lawns

Threads
Most mowers will load on a trailer with 4 ft gates. Some trailers are taller and require a 5ft gate