724cc Briggs & Stratton Intek V-Twin 22-HP 11 hours on it - won't start.

Wartrace

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / 724cc Briggs & Stratton Intek V-Twin 22-HP 11 hours on it - won't start.
I bought a Husqvarna Yta22V46 with a 724cc Briggs & Stratton Intek V-Twin 22-HP last spring and due to a drought only put 11 hours on it. I changed the oil/filter at the end of last season but unfortunately left gas in the mower over the winter. I only used 100% gasoline in it.

I noticed on my last two cuts of the season it was difficult to start. It would have to turn over for 20 to 30 seconds instead of firing right up as it did when new. I tried to start it for the first time this weekend and it would not fire. I drained the old gas and replaced the fuel filter. It turns over but still will not start.

I inspected the plugs and there is ignition.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Do you have a single throttle/choke control or are they separate. If this is a single control the throttle cable could of slipped where it connect to the front of the engine preventing the choke from closing all the way.

put the throttle in the choke position, loosen the clamp on the front of the engine, and pull the cable to the point it holds the choke shut and tighten the clamp. See if that helps

Wartrace

Forum Newbie
Threads
Do you have a single throttle/choke control or are they separate. If this is a single control the throttle cable could of slipped where it connect to the front of the engine preventing the choke from closing all the way.

put the throttle in the choke position, loosen the clamp on the front of the engine, and pull the cable to the point it holds the choke shut and tighten the clamp. See if that helps

Thank you so much for your suggestion. I DO have a single throttle/choke and will try it.

Tinkerer200

Threads
Assuming you bought it new, B&S has a 2 year warranty on the engine for home owner use.

Walt Conner

Wartrace

Forum Newbie
Threads
Assuming you bought it new, B&S has a 2 year warranty on the engine for home owner use.

Walt Conner

Thanks Walt. I looked up the authorized warranty repair places in my area and if it isn't something simple I will be calling them up.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Good luck with getting Briggs to replace the crap plastic needle valve, that sticks closed, with a brass valve under warranty.

Last edited:

Wartrace

Forum Newbie
Threads

Thank you! :smile: The choke is not moving at all when it is engaged at the throttle control. I think it will be a simple fix when I have time to dig into it. I really appreciate your help.