New flywheel key/Can't pull starter

Rikclark

Forum Newbie
Threads
Starter handle "snapped" back when trying to start 190cc vertical shaft B&S engine on pressure washer. Ran great once started. Replaced rewind starter mechanism, but the problem remained so I replaced the flywheel key. All back together, but now can't pull starter cord (well varily). What now?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Adjust valves to factory spec.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Adjust valves to factory spec.

I love the look on peoples faces when they tell you they have a certain issue with their Briggs and you tell them to adjust the valves... I remember well, the first time it was told to NON-BELIEVER me !! .....Fussed with my engine for half a day before someone told me ....I adjusted the valves ......... and HOLY SHEET !!! fired right up !! ...Boobala ..:mur: ..:thumbsup:

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well im going to put a spanner in the works and say I bet its not the valves and it will be something you have done to the starter mechanism or flywheel.

Model, Type and code would help.

It may also be something in the pressure washer like a valve not opening to relieve the pressure for you to turn the engine.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I love the look on peoples faces when they tell you they have a certain issue with their Briggs and you tell them to adjust the valves... I remember well, the first time it was told to NON-BELIEVER me !! .....Fussed with my engine for half a day before someone told me ....I adjusted the valves ......... and HOLY SHEET !!! fired right up !! ...Boobala ..:mur: ..:thumbsup:

Forgot to mention, ...my STIHL FS-90R acted in the same way ... cold barely pull the recoil till I adjusted
those valves ..hard to believe a .002 difference in either direction ( loose or tight ) made a big difference.. ..:thumbsup:

Rikclark

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the input you all. I'll try the valve adjustment (have the specs) once I figure out how and report back in case any one is interested in the results.