Hustler Super Z With Kohler 33 HP Command Pro EFI 824 Engine

vlcakc

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Hustler Super Z With Kohler 33 HP Command Pro EFI 824 Engine
Looked at a 72" Super Z with the Kohler Command Pro 33 hp EFI 824 engine to replace the 60" Hustler Z with 25 hp Kawasaki carburated engine I recently sold. I have been running Kawasaki engines on mowers and UTV's for a long time and have zero experience with the Kohler. The dealer said Kohler has been out for about 3 years and had been giving good trouble free service. My engine preference, I think, would be the Vanguard EFI, but I would have to go up to the Super Z HD to get that. I live on a 107 acre farm and have a four acre lawn area that is mowed about six times a month during the growing season and a 20 acre hay meadow that is mowed twice a year for weeds, not hay production. Any comments or feedback before I make a decision to buy would be much appreciated. Vic

Thegunpowder

Forum Newbie
Threads
too bad no one re[plied. How did it work out for you?

vlcakc

Forum Newbie
Threads
I ended up buying a Hustler Super Z HD with the 37 hp Vanguard engine instead. Been running it for 2+ seasons with no issues. Plenty of power to cut our thick Bermuda grass lawns with ease even with the 72" deck. Cut my mowing time by 1/3rd compared to the 60" cut Hustler Z I had before. The air ride seat is much much better for my ailing back than the previous mechanically sprung seat. All together very pleased with the mower. Vic