Walk behind mower wont start

Reezee

Forum Newbie
Threads
B&G Gold series 6.75 190cc mower engine model 126M02 6863-F1-1205 0258 wont start. Good spark, good compression. Fuel leaks from bowl when bolt loosened. I've cleaned carb twice pushing wire through ports including metering jet in bolt at bottom of bowl, spray with cleaner then blow out with compressed air. After that it sat for three days then fired up and ran strong for 20 seconds and died. Back to no start. Blowing through fuel line with bowl upside down get restricted flow. Bowl right side up get no flow. Needle/seat good. What am I missing?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you turn the carb upside down does the float set level. Sounds like the rubber valve seat has swelled and is restricting fuel flow. I have seen spray type carb cleaners swell the seat, others will cause it to crumble like a rotten pencil eraser.

Reezee

Forum Newbie
Threads
I will check that. Is there a particular carb cleaner I should be using?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Doesn't matter what brand of carb cleaner you use. They all will cause damage to the rubber items in one way or another.

Reezee

Forum Newbie
Threads
If you turn the carb upside down does the float set level. Sounds like the rubber valve seat has swelled and is restricting fuel flow. I have seen spray type carb cleaners swell the seat, others will cause it to crumble like a rotten pencil eraser.

No. Not parallel so today I changed the needle and seat which brought it back to almost parallel but still won't start. Used fresh gas this time. Choke is closed. What else is there? My weeds are laughing at me.

When I squeeze the "cut off" lever closed on the handle to start it, should anything move on the carb? Only thing I can see move is on the opposite side of the engine and it's a lever that disappears under a shroud.