Repairs MTD RH125 92 Lawnmower 1994

willowbob

Threads
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum but looking to get some advice please. I jointly own the above yard machine with my father. We have just changed all the belts (awkward job but went OK). My question is that on the right hand side of the machine there is a 'speed' control with 5 notches; it has a picture of a hare at the top and a decreasing symbol/sticker as the notches go down. If this lever goes all the way to the top with the foot clutch depressed, it engages the parking brake. Other than that, I don't know what this lever does as it doesn't seem to be attached to anything really??? When you raise the lever up a notch, what does this do? Am I missing a rod which should be connected to something please? Many thanks in advance.

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
It is a speed control lever for transmission.

It uses a variable pulley system. The slacker the drive belt the slower you go and the tighter the belt the faster you go.
It wont work unless the engine is running.

willowbob

Threads
Thank you both very much; from what is said above and the very useful manual link provided, the lever certainly should be doing something (which at the moment it isn't). Would anyone be kind enough to post a picture for me of the above / underside of their unit, specifically the speed control lever and the actual mechanism for it adjusting the engine speed please? It is one of those things that once you actually see it, all will become clear! Many thanks.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thank you both very much; from what is said above and the very useful manual link provided, the lever certainly should be doing something (which at the moment it isn't). Would anyone be kind enough to post a picture for me of the above / underside of their unit, specifically the speed control lever and the actual mechanism for it adjusting the engine speed please? It is one of those things that once you actually see it, all will become clear! Many thanks.

You need to post your MODEL number, and type, s/n, etc. of the mower (usually found on sticker under the seat) also .... engine numbers and type (usually found on engine ,several locations) see your manual !

also see page 4-20 and further... sorry there are thousands of different mowers from MTD so without the numbers
nobody knows what model you have .

willowbob

Threads
I do apologise, the details I have to hand (machine stored in my fathers garage) are as follows;

Model RH125/92B 1994
13DC458E600
DG024L10071

200H070311E1 046524ZD96516 274826

Family YBSXS 5012VP

I will look through the manual as you suggest but would love to see the speed control mechanism for this specific model, how it connetcs and varies the speed. Thank you all once again.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I do apologise, the details I have to hand (machine stored in my fathers garage) are as follows;

Model RH125/92B 1994
13DC458E600
DG024L10071

200H070311E1 046524ZD96516 274826

Family YBSXS 5012VP

I will look through the manual as you suggest but would love to see the speed control mechanism for this specific model, how it connetcs and varies the speed. Thank you all once again.

Willow ...I have tried & tried to locate some information and pictures for your mower..it a appears it's being a UK model ..I can't access the info. from here, you will have to try to use the manual I sent as best you can or try seeking info in the UK ... best of luck ....... Boobala

willowbob

Threads
Boobala, many, many thanks for your efforts, not to worry, but appreciated. I will go through the manual as you suggest. If anyone else out there has a RH125/92B please let me know. Thanks again.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Boobala, many, many thanks for your efforts, not to worry, but appreciated. I will go through the manual as you suggest. If anyone else out there has a RH125/92B please let me know. Thanks again.

Willow....I did find this site ...maybe if you contact them, ...they could help you . ....Boobala

http://www.worldofmowers.ltd.uk/ContactUs.aspx

/ for parts = http://www.worldofmowers.ltd.uk/Spares/Assemblies.aspx?ModelID=13271

also here is a another parts place .....(USA)

https://www.motoruf.com/n/partslists.html?id=562630

willowbob

Threads