flywheel makes a weird horn sound and rubs

navarre789

Forum Newbie
Threads
https://youtu.be/nLuL0w-Dw8U
i have a scotts s2546

posted a video of the sound im talking about
it seems like it gets stuck spinning sometimes and wont start but i can manually make the flywheel spin

is anyone aware of what this sound is? i dont know what i should be looking for and am still kinda new on opening up engines

thanks for any information and help

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thats a normal noise, dont worry about it.

Exactly what fault have you got and what have you tried to repair? Whats sticking?

navarre789

Forum Newbie
Threads
ok well i guess thats good the noise isnt a problem it seems like its having trouble turning over and ive made sure the battery is fully charged it feels like maybe there is a spot it sticks sometimes before i would have to rotate it manually before it was starting turning on its own

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
It could be a battery problem which hasnt got enough power to get over the compression spot of the engine.

Also a bad connection on the starting system of the electrics.

It may even be valve clearances.

navarre789

Forum Newbie
Threads
Battery is fully charged and it checks at 12 v. How would I check valve? I'm pretty sure it's not an electrical problem. But I could be wrong

Tinkerer200

Threads
I can send you a Service manual for your engine IF you like which will tell you what you need to know for this problem and future ones. Address below, put in proper format and remind me engine model number and what you want.

Walt Conner
wconner5 at frontier dot com

navarre789

Forum Newbie
Threads
I can send you a Service manual for your engine IF you like which will tell you what you need to know for this problem and future ones. Address below, put in proper format and remind me engine model number and what you want.

Walt Conner
wconner5 at frontier dot com

Linktothekitchen@hotmail.com
S2547 lawnmower

navarre789

Forum Newbie
Threads
S2546 I had the last number wrong. Sorry