Low end Zero turn vs Lawn Tractor

Rickcin

Threads
Although I only have a 1/2 acre, I would love vet to own a ZT but I am thinking a low end ($3K ) Zero Turn would not be as reliable as a Lawn Tractor since the ZT's are more complex with the two transmissions and more prone to having problems than with a Lawn Tractor.

Is my thinking correct??

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would think a riding lawn/garden tractor with at least 14 HP (16/18 preferrd ) and a 42" deck would be sufficient.
You didn't mention if your 1/2 acre is clear or includes your dwelling and other structures., either way, a 42 should handle it, you can go bigger ( more money ) and you need to consider WHERE it will take space, a mower ,gas cans
and such require more room than most people think. Leaving a mower out in the elements will shorten it's life span
very fast !!
As to brand of mower and which bells & whistles you think you want or need , you will find a large amount of folks on this site to offer their advice as I have... Whatever YOU decide ... best of luck, and keep us updated ...Boobala

Jack17

Threads
If you happen to have a fence around your house I'd be reluctant about buying a tractor. Other then that...Boobala put it nicely!

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have a 2007 Husqvarna RZ5424. Except for my own doing I have had very few problems. 4 years ago I started using it commercially.