Lawn Tractor buying advice

Rickcin

Threads
I have slightly less than a 1/2 acre of grass and would like to purchase a lawn tractor for $2 K or less.

I am trying to decide between a Cub Cadet or a Husqvarana since those have authorized service dealers nearby.

Is one of these two brands more reliable than the other and are parts and service better with one brand than the other?

I also understand the single cylinder engine vs the twin is probably a reliability debate in itself!

Jack17

Threads
D110 is the one for you.

O, wait! You said AYP vs. MTD product...never mind!:biggrin:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
SO you are looking at a ride on that cost about 1 to 2 weeks wages and expect to get something that will be durable and work well for a long time .
If so you need to have this conversation with the faries at the bottom of the garden.
The top of the line push mowers are Hondas.
A self propelled has most of the parts as a ride on.'Look at the local price of a Honda SP then compare that to the price of the ride ons you are looking at and have a good think.
How do they do that so cheap ?

deck~dragger

Threads
I have slightly less than a 1/2 acre of grass and would like to purchase a lawn tractor for $2 K or less.

I am trying to decide between a Cub Cadet or a Husqvarana since those have authorized service dealers nearby.

Is one of these two brands more reliable than the other and are parts and service better with one brand than the other?

I also understand the single cylinder engine vs the twin is probably a reliability debate in itself!

The new design Cub Cadet XT1, seems to be a good design. With your yard size a single cylinder model will do just fine. This is the box store model. The Xt2's are sold at the dealer and use the same frame, only differences, better tires, bearing front axles, a bit more battery cranking amps and some models have a Kawasaki engine option and fabricated deck.
With your yard size, the XT1 should suit you fine unless you just want to buy from a dealer. Check the price differences and the decide.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
SO you are looking at a ride on that cost about 1 to 2 weeks wages and expect to get something that will be durable and work well for a long time .
If so you need to have this conversation with the faries at the bottom of the garden.
A self propelled has most of the parts as a ride on.'Look at the local price of a Honda SP then compare that to the price of the ride ons you are looking at and have a good think.

It is more like 3 months wages in my neck of the woods. If I made that type of money I would want for nothing.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
It is more like 3 months wages in my neck of the woods. If I made that type of money I would want for nothing.

More like impossible for me .... retired and living off S.S. these days ...!! ...:thumbdown: ..:rolleyes:..:drool:

Rickcin

Threads

Thank for pointing out the obvious and I throughly understand the quality that goes into a Honda. I have had several of their products while still having one of their great running snow blowers.

NorthBama

Threads
More like impossible for me .... retired and living off S.S. these days ...!! ...:thumbdown: ..:rolleyes:..:drool:

Oh yes my Friend SS here. If I was a younger person with a 6 figure I would go for the John Deere X series that would last for many years.

deminin

Threads

I have a neighbor who owns a Cub Cadet, and that thing frequently throws the belt. I have a Husqvarna 24HP/48" rider, and it is Great.