gas tank removal for a L115

bubba212427

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok guys I need some help with a mower I just bought from my neighbor. The gas tank needs to be removed due to some trash in there I need to clean out, but I can not find much online as to how to remove the gas tank. I will say most of the videos I seen just say remove the 2 bolts holding the seat springs and hoist up the back of the body and remove the tank. I have removed the 2 bolts holding the springs but when I go to pick up on it from the back I know there has to be something else holding it down because it appears to just be bending the body when I try to hoist it up. Any help would be GREAT and I thank u in advance

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The rear fenders, & floor are 1 piece so the whole lot has to come off.
Go to the JD web site , go the the parts list section, pop in your model number L115 then print out the diagrams.
Usuallly the fender will be in the body one & the tank on another.
Don't believe what you see on You tube a lot of it is crap and just there to make yu stay on the page for 15 sec so the poster can make money out of you which is why most have the long introductions.

bubba212427

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the reply, I figured they made it look waaaay tooo easy....lol

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Generally there is only 4 to 6 bolts holding it on, a couple at the back then some more under the foot boards.
After that the pedals need to come off. Some just the head , other the whole pedal.
Finally because of its size & shape it is really a 2 person job as you have the lift the back a bit then slide back then lift up at front .
There is not much clearence so if the body is twisted only a small amount it jambs.
Add to that the edges of the pressing are oft a touch on the sharp side.

Fragger

Threads
If this gets under somebodys saddle cause it is an old post you just gonna have to get over it , the information i have will save you alot of time and money $68 hr.
I just removed the gas tk from my JD125A and only removed the two 10 mil spring bolts here's the secret, there is a bracket that supports the gas tank what i did i used my hoist to lift the body just enough to remove the supports brackets (about 2 ") once i had the support bracket off the tank came by lifting the hoist a few mroe inches. . i cleaned it and replaced the gas pick up and grommet , the grommet was $.85 and the spiket about 6$.
I saw the you tubes and they over exaggerate the process.
there wass no damage to teh body it will flex a little .
on the Scotts mower you will have to remove the right rear tire as they are bigger than JD
jd125abc.jpgtires