My Honda xrt 217 vs toro recycler 22 awd

01redcrew

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all I'm not happy with the cut and wheel tracks than my Honda can not pick up. I found a toro recycler 22in awd on Craigslist I thought about trying to see if it would do any better in my yard. Just seeing what everyone thoughts were before I gave the guy a answer. Thanks for any help

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Wheel tracks are what you get when mowing especially with a push mower. The deck sits in front of the back wheels and can not pick up the grass that the back wheels make. That is the nature of the beast with push mowers. Now cut quality that is a different story. Are the blades sharp and high lift? That can make a big difference on cut quality.

01redcrew

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ya I know your going to have wheel tracks reguarless. But I feel the Honda doesn't have enough suction under it to pick the grass back up. My blades only have 2 cuttings on them as well

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You are not listening.
The rear wheels which have a high load as they carry the weight of the grass catcher as well make tracks after the blades have been over the grass,
much the same as dragging a roller behind a ride on.
Honda fit a rubber squeegie under the rear of the mower which acts as a roller to bend all the grass foreward so it looks umiform when cut.
These have a tendency to crack & break off and without it you will see tyre tracks.
Nothing to do with the deck as it all happens after the deck has passed over the grass.

Zak88lx

Forum Newbie
Threads
That Honda is a hefty unit (98 lbs) so it will probably always show wheel tracks.
My Toro Super Recycler 20037 also leaves a pretty good track, but I like the lines it lays.

My old Lawnboy 10424 with Duraforce literally floats on the grass like a hovercraft due to its light weight.
The end result is completely different from the Toro, and the lawn has a more carpet feel and look to it with Lawnboy.