PP25 limb saw

Regwal

Threads
My limb trimmer was running very rough so I installed a carb kit. Never having done this before I wasn't comfortable with my repair so purchased a new carb. After this I haven't been able to start the trimmer. Have spark at plug and new fuel mix. Switched the fuel tubes several times but still won't crank. Any suggestions on what to check next?:ashamed:

primerbulb120

Threads
Got some questions for ya:

1. Did you try to run the saw with the old carb after you installed the kit?

2. Could you post some pictures of the fuel line setup you have?

3. Did you verify that the carb is getting a good supply of gas? Fuel lines could be cracked or broken, fuel filter could be positioned wrong in the tank, etc.

4. Is the spark plug wet with fuel after you crank it for a while?

5. If you give it a shot of starting fluid (or fuel) will it try to start at all?

If I were you, I would try to start it with the muffler removed (in case the muffler is clogged).

Regwal

Threads
New fuel lines, didn't start with carb rebuild is why I got a new one, have not checked for wet plug, have not checked the muffler, starting fluid didn't help. Plan to get back on it today. Good suggestions.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
New fuel lines, didn't start with carb rebuild is why I got a new one, have not checked for wet plug, have not checked the muffler, starting fluid didn't help. Plan to get back on it today. Good suggestions.

NOT trying to be a smart-a** ..... BUT ....have you checked your kill switch..??

Ooops ..my goof... went back & saw you said you had fire @ the plug ..SORRY !

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
What kind of compression are you getting. Time to check it and see if that is what is causing your issues.

Regwal

Threads
Silly me! New carb was supposed to be pre-set so that was last thing I checked. Both needle valves were in closed position. Took some adjusting but now is running like a top. One think mystifies me though is why starting fluid didn't fire when used. I'll have to think on that some more.
:cool2:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Silly me! New carb was supposed to be pre-set so that was last thing I checked. Both needle valves were in closed position. Took some adjusting but now is running like a top. One think mystifies me though is why starting fluid didn't fire when used. I'll have to think on that some more.

We DO appreciate the up-date...glad it's running.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes, that is very puzzling that it didn't fire with ether.

Don't fear doing a carb kit on one of these. They are very simple carburetors and probably Youtube videos galore to help.