JD LT155 W/O Deck

Lilbrenda55

Forum Newbie
Threads
As a do it your selfer I took the deck off my JD. I'm a 61 year old widow and that was hard enough. I wanted to move it back under the car port til I got new belt and blades sharpen but now it won't even turn over to try and start. Is there something I missed. Or do I have to attach the whole deck, belt to get it started again. Any input will help. JD LT 155
Thanks for time

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Starting circuit goes Battery ( Some times hot terminal on solenoid ) - fuse - ignition switch - PTO switch - Brake Switch - Solenoid - starter.
One link in this chain is broken.
Deck is not required.

Lilbrenda55

Forum Newbie
Threads
Starting circuit goes Battery ( Some times hot terminal on solenoid ) - fuse - ignition switch - PTO switch - Brake Switch - Solenoid - starter.
One link in this chain is broken.
Deck is not required.

Nothing was taken off except 3 clip pins. Two for deck and one for the bar that was attached. So how do I check for all you mentioned. I really don't care if the deck goes back on but would like to get it back to running. So step by step how do I check what you mention. Where is these parts and what is PTO
Thanks

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
What tools do you have ?
How good are you with electricity ?
The PTO = Power Take Off ( lever that turns the blades on & off )

I seriously suggest you buy a copy of the John Deer Technical manual.
This book is written in plain language, easy to read & easy to understand.
Each chapter starts by telling how the parts work and then goes on to tell you where to put the controls and how to test each part and the correct order to test them in.
There are diagrams to show you exactly where each part is located and a wiring diagram to show how it is wired and a loom diagram so you know which wires are in what plugs.
Whenever I sell an old JD I include a copy of the technical manual and those mowers sell easily, quickly and for a much higher price than others without the manual.