mis-firing Honda GCV530

molecatcher

Forum Newbie
Threads
Every year or two the engine mis-fires and a carb clean cures it but not this time. Someone suggested checking valve clearances, can someone tell me how exactly to do this and is this the most likely cause or could it be something else?

mistermowerman

Threads
Every year or two the engine mis-fires and a carb clean cures it but not this time. Someone suggested checking valve clearances, can someone tell me how exactly to do this and is this the most likely cause or could it be something else?

Hello, before you check your valves change your spark plug or even check the spark at the plug as Honda ignition units can break down and give running problems before they pack up completely. Gary

molecatcher

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, before you check your valves change your spark plug or even check the spark at the plug as Honda ignition units can break down and give running problems before they pack up completely. Gary

Thanks, Gary, will do. I have checked valve clearances as it happens and they are OK but it still misfires after cleaning the carb. jets yet again! The plugs have looked suspect when I checked.