Help me decide on new zt mower

Radiantpc

Forum Newbie
Threads
Looking to buy a new zt mower. Currently have an old Dixon from the 90s that I'm going to sell. Figure anything will be an upgrade from it. I have less than an acre, fairly flat, slight slope. I've been looking at a 42 hustler, gravely z 42" and a Husqvarna z246 with kawi fr engine. The others have a kholer 7000 pro I think. Which is best? The Husqvarna and hustler are around same price of 2500. The gravely is $2900 out the door but has .5 hrs on it and was taken to trade shows. All 2016 models. Help me decide. Thanks!

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
At that price point the Husqvarna has the most bang for you buck.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
OK so the difference between the Ariens and the Husqvarna. Kohler vrs Kaw 10 gauge Fabricated vrs 13 gauge Reinforced Stamped. I personally like a stamped decks cut better but to each his own.

2800 vrs 2500. Now you get to choose the winner.

Radiantpc

Forum Newbie
Threads
OK so the difference between the Ariens and the Husqvarna. Kohler vrs Kaw 10 gauge Fabricated vrs 13 gauge Reinforced Stamped. I personally like a stamped decks cut better but to each his own.

2800 vrs 2500. Now you get to choose the winner.

I've never heard that before. I've just heard the welded decks are stronger. The ariens has a much nicer seat from the looks of it.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Welded decks on commercial decks are stronger. I have seen welded decks bend on residential mowers. My Husqvarna deck has never bent and I have hit fence post running full speed. Almost knocked me off the mower. Running speed on my mower is about 9 miles an hour checked by GPS on phone.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I also like the stamped deck. Gives a better cut.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

RDA.Lawns

Threads
I will only buy a mower if it has fab welded deck.

Radiantpc

Forum Newbie
Threads
I also like the stamped deck. Gives a better cut.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

hmm never heard this. What is the reasoning behind cut performance based on the type of deck?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
hmm never heard this. What is the reasoning behind cut performance based on the type of deck?

It is designed with the blades to create lift to cut the grass. Just think that they could stamp out any shape needed including flat like a fabbed deck but they choose to make it humped and such to get good air flow so grass can be picked up and moved efficiently through the deck.