Cub Cadet Z-Force Aftermarket Light Bar

GGUTTAJR

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am looking to add an aftermarket LED light bar to my Cub Cadet Z-Force SX 54" w/ 24HP Kawasaki Engine for night mowing. The factory light set from Cub Cadet barely illuminates the inside of a shoebox and they do not offer anything else. I cannot locate in the owner's manual, online, or from the manufacturer the specifications of the charging / electrical system on my mower, specifically system output in terms of amperage AND what the charging system draws to maintain the battery. My hope is to convert that to watts and find out how much room I have left to play. Otherwise, if you have been down this road, how many watts can I draw under normal operation without over-straining the charging / electrical system? Does a 72W light mar draw too much? What is the largest any of you have used and not had problems? Thanks!

csmlet

Threads
I added these to my RZT l42 and they work great, got them at Walmart for about $30 dollars. That includes the wiring and switch. Also easy to install. Not sure about the amps but talked to service dept of my local dealer and he said it was ok. We will see.

Attachments

• IMG_5022.jpg
    IMG_5022.jpg
    315.5 KB · Views: 11

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Most factory light kits are 25 to 55 watt light bulbs. So most would handle 50 to 110 watts. Find out what light bulbs draw and multiply times 2 and stay at or below that.