1994 Toro Super Pro Recycler II

EGaskamp

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey everyone! I'm new here to the forums and figured I'd share what I have! I have my '94 Super Pro Recycler that my grandpa bought for me brand new when I was 10 years old. It kind of needs some love now as it will only run with starter fluid and dies once the starter fluid has been ignited. This tells me is more than likely a fuel issue. I need to pull the carb off and clean it but have always been scared of carbs, afraid I'll mess something up. Is there anything special about this particular mower that makes it cool, or just another run of the mill push mower? It of course has a ton of value to me! Below are the model and serial numbers. Is there any way to look them up? Thanks!

Model: 20436
Serial: 3923523

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 13
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 11
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 14

Mick Oz

Threads
You can Google the model number and find a replacement carb either genuine or after market. Or you can get some carb cleaner and give it a clean.
https://www.repairclinic.com/Shop-F...6SERIAL4900000149999999-Toro-Lawn-Mower-Parts
Once you ID the carb there are many very helpful step by step videos that can be found. Just take your time and take pictures of how it goes together as you are taking things apart.

Mick Oz

Threads
I think the current replacement for your carb is number 497586, about $16 Australian here. I am willing to be corrected but it should be a straight swap, if cleaning your old carb does not work out and you find parts hard to get.

EGaskamp

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank y'all for the replies!! Wow, the carbs are cheap!! I'm thinking of ordering a new one and cleaning up the old one as a spare. They're going for between $10-14 U.S.!! Thanks for the heads up on that Mick!!

Also I found plenty of YouTube videos for this mower which have been really helpful as well! Thanks again!

EGaskamp

Forum Newbie
Threads
UPDATE: I cheated and only pulled the bolt/main jet off the carb bowl. I found that the jet was totally clogged with years of fuel that had sat in it! I cleaned it out with a thin wire, pulled the cord and it roared to life!! I'm over joyed! I still plan on removing the carb fully and cleaning it well but I'm just glad its running again!

Mick Oz

Threads
Thankyou, I get what you mean.