Want info about the three-position rocker engine speed switch on the Laser Z x-series

merrbarb

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Want info about the three-position rocker engine speed switch on the Laser Z x-series
I am looking at a used 2015 60-inch Laser Z X-series with 666 hours, a Kohler engine (approx 31 horse I am told) red technology with one of those three position rocker switches for engine speed. No throttle like my older Exmarkmower.

Can anyone give me your real world experience with the three-position engine speed and the Red Technology. Both sound good but are more electronics good, or not so good?

I plan on using the newer Laser Z X until I have confidence, then sell off the older Mower which is still running great. But using a newer mower with fewer hours will give me greater confidence in completing the season without a breakdown. I am older and don't want to mess with trouble.

droberts16

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Want info about the three-position rocker engine speed switch on the Laser Z x-series
Just purchased a 2016 Lazer Z X series with the Kolher EFI and red technology. From researching it and talking with the dealer the way it is designed to work is the engine is fuel injected, so it doesn't have a choke and the switch takes the place of the throttle and has 3 positions, each setting regulates the engine speed as the need for more power is called for. The rear position would be used for fuel economy when mowing in light grass conditions, the center position for normal conditions which would be most of the time, and the forward position for heavy or tall grass. That's how I understand it and if it differs from that when I use it the first few times I'll update. Like you, I'm used to a throttle. I have a 2004 Lazer Z that this one will be replacing.