John Deere LT133 - Sputtering/Surging (not sure) - Please Help

Daquiri

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / John Deere LT133 - Sputtering/Surging (not sure) - Please Help
Hey Guys,

After a year of trying to get my Murray to work, I have given up and turned by attention back to the John Deere I had sitting up. So here is the deal. My solenoid is currently messed up, I have bypassed it and started the mower. I have also bypassed the PTO safety switch. I'm trying to just get it running and mowing before I start picking off these small things. Anyway, my real question is this.

When I get it started and running. I can engage the blades and it runs fine. I can drive it around forward and backwards and it drives fine, even up a slope. However, the engine sputters or surges (not sure what the right term is) the entire time at full throttle. If I turn throttle down enough, it will eventually die out. Any help is appreciated. On my next things to do for the rig is, get a John Deere tune up kit and get it all tuned up. Change the oil, clean the carb and stuff like that. Then, I would like to get the solenoid and switches fixed.

Let me know if the video doesn't work?

Thanks in advance guys!

Glyn Robinson

Threads
I would make sure the fuel filter is clean and i would take the carb off and give it a good cleaning.

Daquiri

Forum Newbie
Threads
Okay, I will give that a shot. This morning when I ran it awhile it was a lot smoother. I have the kit coming in the next few days, so I'll get her cleaned up.