Price Check Lawnboy model 5245 19 solid state mower

holland

Forum Newbie
Threads
I inherited my dads lawnboy model 5245 mower. He loved that mower and it is in good shape. I am now getting up there in age and need to part with it. Does anyone have any idea on what the value of that mower is? Thank you

2smoked

Threads
I inherited my dads lawnboy model 5245 mower. He loved that mower and it is in good shape. I am now getting up there in age and need to part with it. Does anyone have any idea on what the value of that mower is? Thank you

That's a tough question to answer. A lot depends on what old Lawn Boys are selling for in your area. There are people who love them as trimmer mowers or ditch cutters and there are people who like them for their simplicity and light weight. And then there are people like me that just like them for a whole lot of reasons. A nice clean mower that doesn't look like it went through a war will obviously sell for a better price. Post it on Craigslist along with nice photos and an accurate description and you might be surprised at what you can get. Start high and see how much interest it generates. One thing I notice about Craigslist--nice photos make all the difference. If it doesn't move, re-list it for a lower price.

A mower like yours, in nice condition, might bring $80 where I live, but that is just a rough guess.

holland

Forum Newbie
Threads
That's a tough question to answer. A lot depends on what old Lawn Boys are selling for in your area. There are people who love them as trimmer mowers or ditch cutters and there are people who like them for their simplicity and light weight. And then there are people like me that just like them for a whole lot of reasons. A nice clean mower that doesn't look like it went through a war will obviously sell for a better price. Post it on Craigslist along with nice photos and an accurate description and you might be surprised at what you can get. Start high and see how much interest it generates. One thing I notice about Craigslist--nice photos make all the difference. If it doesn't move, re-list it for a lower price.

A mower like yours, in nice condition, might bring $80 where I live, but that is just a rough guess.

Thank you for the response. We are downsizing and getting rid of a lot of items from our parents and grandparents, not an easy thing to do

Lawnboy77

Threads
If you are willing to ship it, you could possibly get substantially more for it if you list it on ebay. Those little 19 inch suitcase shroud models are popular little mowers. If fully operational, all original and in nice cosmetic condition then I could see it fetching 150 or so. To be perfectly honest I would much rather spend 150 or 200 on a good classic, than on a new disposable mower.

2smoked

Threads
If you are willing to ship it, you could possibly get substantially more for it if you list it on ebay. Those little 19 inch suitcase shroud models are popular little mowers. If fully operational, all original and in nice cosmetic condition then I could see it fetching 150 or so. To be perfectly honest I would much rather spend 150 or 200 on a good classic, than on a new disposable mower.

I would also agree with everything that Lawnboy77 said. And I also notice that most any classic 19 inch Lawn Boy seems to be more popular with buyers and collectors.

holland

Forum Newbie
Threads

Thank you, that is good to know