For those interested in an IS3200Z

Catfish4058

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just bought a 60 acre farm as a country retreat for my family to use on weekends. I will mow at least 5 acres around the house as well as keep some trails cut low for easy walking access to other areas of the farm which has hills with hay 3' high and thick forest areas.

I test rode a few mowers and read all I could find for large estate owners like myself. Lots of reviews pointed to Ferris as the most comfortable and that is priority one for me so I bought a new 2016 Is3200 35 hp Kawasaki 61" with a sun shade.

It's early in the season so there isn't any grass to cut yet but my property was bush hogged while it was on the market vacant and there was quite a bit of thatch that I rode over with the Ferris set on the highest deck height and it cut huge clouds of thatch without the slightest bogging down.

Likewise, wide swaths of tall but thin hay through the hills and valleys gave way with ease. I was surprised at the tremendous power available for climbing the steep hills. A free app for iPhone called "Angle" helped me check the slope of my hills. According to the app, I've cut 10-12 degree hills with no problem. I have more hills on the far side of the pond that are 15-17 degrees that I may leave in a natural state and hire a bush hog a couple of times a year. I believe I read somewhere that 15 degrees is the max.

I'm sure I'll be flying across the property once I get a few holes filled and get better acquainted with the mower. Right now, though, I cruise around the property slowly and enjoy the ride. I just ordered a hitch from the dealer so I can get a little more work from this expensive machine and hopefully save the price of a 4 wheeler to pull a small trailer of firewood, etc.

Hope this helps those in search of ideas for a large estate owner vs a commercial lawn crew.

gk527

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello.

I actually just went and looked at some Ferris zero turn mowers this morning. We live on a farm so we have other tractors that are diesel and my truck is diesel. So, I'm wondering if it makes sense to get a diesel zero turn. I'll be mowing around 7 acres with it. I didn't get a price on the diesel 2600z model, but I did on the 2100z and the 3200z. I at least want a 60 inch deck, if not a 71 inch.

Let me know how you like it. Congrats on the purchase.

bones1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just bought a IS 3200Z with oil 1493762549247706512059.jpg14937626039932932877.jpg14937626489521981890052.jpgguard and 37HP Vanguard engine. The machine is a work if art. Good to see quality like this again. I made a hitch for it today to pull around my generator and some trailers. I should of bought one a long time ago.

Mikekap

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello Catfish and any one who answers my 2 questions. I am thinking of purchasing a Ferris is 3200z with a 61 inch or 72 inch cut. Which mower deck will cut smoother, and faster? Which motor to get ? The 35 H.P. or the 37 H.P. . Will the 37 H.P save me 25% fuel? . Is it reliable? Thank you for your answers. I own Kubota 33 H.P. 0-turn diesel 2007,72 inch deck, which is great , but want something more comfortable.
I also own a ventract 4500z with 8 tires and 72 inch deck , this machine can go across a 30 degree angle and is great on soft or wet areas. Only drawback is it is not as comfortable as i want. Thank you. Mike

alabama pat

Threads
Hello Catfish and any one who answers my 2 questions. I am thinking of purchasing a Ferris is 3200z with a 61 inch or 72 inch cut. Which mower deck will cut smoother, and faster? Which motor to get ? The 35 H.P. or the 37 H.P. . Will the 37 H.P save me 25% fuel? . Is it reliable? Thank you for your answers. I own Kubota 33 H.P. 0-turn diesel 2007,72 inch deck, which is great , but want something more comfortable.
I also own a ventract 4500z with 8 tires and 72 inch deck , this machine can go across a 30 degree angle and is great on soft or wet areas. Only drawback is it is not as comfortable as i want. Thank you. Mike

I have the is3200z with a 61 inch deck,and the 37 hp kaw.It is a stud.
I bought the 61 inch deck because I have a lot of landscaping and several rows of fruit trees.every where. I have them mulched and in a row of some sort.
The 72 would not fit between the landscaping so I settled for the 61,as it did fit.I built a plug that I place in the discharge to prevent the clippings from dumping the clippings into the next mulched tree when I mow around the trees.
As far as which deck to buy,the biggest factor should be ,is how level your property is.The wider the deck the more scalping you get on uneven ground.if you have a lot of uneven ground and some hilly areas,72 inch decks work against you.
I mow 5 acres that are fairly flat without any issues.I do have a drain system that crosses the front of the property.I have 4 areas the dip down to the pipes were they cross the two driveways for the circular drive.Without exception that area always comes out with a few flaws.With a 72 inch deck,I can only imagine.
Just my thoughts.