GX75 brake pins frozen

Speedydan

Threads
That's NOT 800 series trans!!! That thing doesn't come apart like I told you. Looks like you gonna have to drop the tranny and split it in half to get to it. Look at it from this angle...still not a big deal and you get the opportunity to clean the old grease out and lube it all nice and fresh on the inside!!!

Thanks Jack and Boobala. That's what I was fearing. Not a big deal though, like you say, in the long run I'll be more knowledgeable with my mower and hopefully prevent future issues.

Any recommendations for transaxle lube and sealing (silicone instead of gaskets?) to save paying the John Deere premiums?

Jack17

Threads
Hey, I'm truly sorry about that. Honestly, I couldn't find the exact diagram of your trans so I crossed referenced the rotor and break pads part # and those interchange with what I've got...figuring...must be the same thing. 5-speed Peerless / Tecumseh 801 and all...it sucks! Anyway, just take your time going thru this. Don't rush. If you run into anything unexpected just comeback here and we'll take care of it.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
You have LOTS of folks here to work with you .. just ASK for the help...and remember... NO QUESTION IS STUPID !
PATIENCE ....and one thing I always STRESS .....get out your camera and take TONS of pics ... they will become your disassembly AND re-assembly manuals ... the shop manuals don't have all the photos you might want ... use the macro function ..( close-up) as needed , we are standing by ...... Boobala ..:thumbsup:

Jack17

Threads
Thanks Jack and Boobala. That's what I was fearing. Not a big deal though, like you say, in the long run I'll be more knowledgeable with my mower and hopefully prevent future issues.

Any recommendations for transaxle lube and sealing (silicone instead of gaskets?) to save paying the John Deere premiums?

I'm still looking for an exact print for yours. And just to make you feel better, in my opinion, them 75s to 95s were sweet!!! It's most definitely on my 'next to buy' list!

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Boobala...help me out here! What is he got? 600 series shows exactly what I told him to do before? But 700 is just the other way around. I bet that he's got the 700!!! Never easy!

speedydan needs to see if he can find an ID plate or sticker on the trans.. or send pics.. the peerless manual should show HIM which model he has .. the model or serial number would confirm it ..I have no idea which model he has ..yet ... Boobala

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
It appears to me the brake is NOT part of the driven axles.. it is on a gear carrying shaft ( same idea ) however , it appears the disc is splined and may be removable without splitting
the trans .. too much dirt in the way...... a superior cleaning is in order to get better visuals.. also I did NOT know this is a Rear Engine Rider
I have never worked on a RER .. so I don't know how the trans couples to the engine , hope its just belt ..

GX75.JPG

all we can do is wait on speedydan ....he has a manual ... Im hoping I sent the right one . Will surely be much easier with trans removed !

Speedydan

Threads
It appears to me the brake is NOT part of the driven axles.. it is on a gear carrying shaft ( same idea ) however , it appears the disc is splined and may be removable without splitting
the trans .. too much dirt in the way...... a superior cleaning is in order to get better visuals.. also I did NOT know this is a Rear Engine Rider
I have never worked on a RER .. so I don't know how the trans couples to the engine , hope its just belt ..

View attachment 31329

all we can do is wait on speedydan ....he has a manual ... Im hoping I sent the right one . Will surely be much easier with trans removed !

Thanks guys I certainly appreciated the help and enthusiasm here. Didnt realise the messages had been rolling in.

According to my manual I have a Peerless 915 transaxle. Cant seem to find the ID tag where the peerless manual says it should be. Still looking.

The brake disc is locked currently (probably from tapping on the sliding pins to work them loose). So I may be beyond the point of return now :)

Speedydan

Threads
1 - a random plate screwed in on the outside of the brake lever guide says: "915 006B Peerless". It then also says "1248 000062" so that must be a late addition ID labelling since the casing has nothing on it but Tecumseh label and address and also patent numbers.

2 - the transaxle is belt fed from the engine from what I can see.

3 - I can clean it all with some 50/50 Purple power and water and then hose it all down if you think that will do the job without hurting the belts? Battery removed prior of course.