Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11

    1,000 Post Club
    Boobala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,004
    Location
    Central Fl. about 2 hours from DAYTONA !
    Mower
    Murray Select 21 H.P. 46" ( 2004 )

    Re: yardman riding mower problem

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger B View Post
    Berts-Man - You're the bestest!!!

    I do have a question though... What do you mean when you say that the belts "must be wrapped"? Heck, I'm "wrapped", just not very tightly!!!

    Rog B
    Hey Rog, I think Bert is referring to a type of belt that has a final outer layer of Kevlar or "glass -cloth"
    to provide additional strength and wear .......... ( sorta like better quality & money ) and yes we ALL know you have a "loose coil" somewhere !!! ( LOL )


    Mower : Murray Select 46 " deck
    Model : 465306X8A
    Serial # : 733781D027
    Date of Mfg. : 2003/12/03

    Engine : Briggs & Stratton
    I/C V Twin
    21 H.P.
    Model : 4045A7
    Type : 0211 E1
    Code : 031104YG
    Family YBSXS . 7242VF 22844

  2.  

  3. #12
    Roger B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    775
    Location
    Maine
    Mower
    MTD-Yardman John Deere GS-25

    Re: yardman riding mower problem

    Quote Originally Posted by Boobala View Post
    Hey Rog, we ALL know you have a "loose coil" somewhere !!! ( LOL )
    Loose coil my A-$-$! . . . H#ll, everything I got is loose!

    Rog

  4. #13
    NorthBama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    531
    Location
    Alabama
    Mower
    Toro Z Master

    Re: yardman riding mower problem

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger B View Post
    Loose coil my A-$-$! . . . H#ll, everything I got is loose!

    Rog
    you are still going strong hang in there

  5. #14
    Roger B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    775
    Location
    Maine
    Mower
    MTD-Yardman John Deere GS-25

    Re: yardman riding mower problem

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthBama View Post
    you are still going strong hang in there
    Strong!?!?! Dang, I'd be lucky to be able to beat my way out of a wet paper bag!!

    As mother always said, "It's hell getting old!"

    Roger B

  6. #15

    1,000 Post Club
    Boobala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,004
    Location
    Central Fl. about 2 hours from DAYTONA !
    Mower
    Murray Select 21 H.P. 46" ( 2004 )

    Re: yardman riding mower problem

    Damn Rog,
    You soundin like bein ready to be wrapped in THEE FLAG and shot out tube # 1 ..
    Ain't gonna happen long as I'm still around to put a fire under your "set-down"
    and if you're looking for SYMPATHY ..... it's in the dictionary .. tween SHEET and Syphilis !!

    You best quit blathering bout us bein old... I'll have a talk with the Lady of Your house and she WILL
    read YOU the rule book AND riot act !!!! ......YOU got a ways to go yet Goomba !!! .....


    Mower : Murray Select 46 " deck
    Model : 465306X8A
    Serial # : 733781D027
    Date of Mfg. : 2003/12/03

    Engine : Briggs & Stratton
    I/C V Twin
    21 H.P.
    Model : 4045A7
    Type : 0211 E1
    Code : 031104YG
    Family YBSXS . 7242VF 22844

  7. #16
    NorthBama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    531
    Location
    Alabama
    Mower
    Toro Z Master

    Re: yardman riding mower problem

    Quote Originally Posted by Boobala View Post
    Damn Rog,
    You soundin like bein ready to be wrapped in THEE FLAG and shot out tube # 1 ..
    Ain't gonna happen long as I'm still around to put a fire under your "set-down"
    and if you're looking for SYMPATHY ..... it's in the dictionary .. tween SHEET and Syphilis !!

    You best quit blathering bout us bein old... I'll have a talk with the Lady of Your house and she WILL
    read YOU the rule book AND riot act !!!! ......YOU got a ways to go yet Goomba !!! .....
    right on Boo well spoken

  8. #17

    2,500 Post Club
    BlazNT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,153
    Location
    Missouri
    Mower
    RZ5424

    Re: yardman riding mower problem

    All I can say about this is read my signature.
    Chuck
    We Do Not Stop Playing When We Grow Old
    We Grow Old If We Stop Playing

  9. #18

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    6,763
    Location
    Australia
    Mower
    Victa slashers & Push , Rover Rancher II's, Cox ( several ) & White LT120 + GT 200

    Re: yardman riding mower problem

    Quote Originally Posted by Boobala View Post
    Hey Rog, I think Bert is referring to a type of belt that has a final outer layer of Kevlar or "glass -cloth"
    to provide additional strength and wear .......... ( sorta like better quality & money ) and yes we ALL know you have a "loose coil" somewhere !!! ( LOL )
    The outer cover is usually either pollyester or cotton.
    Id does nothing for the strength of the belt.
    Plain belts like on your cars fan are not wrapped and just like your tyres get sticky when they get hot.
    A hot sticky belt will not slip when you take the tension off it which is why mower belts are wrapped in most instances.
    ZTR belts do not need to be wrapped because there is no slipping clutch pulley.

  10. #19
    Roger B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    775
    Location
    Maine
    Mower
    MTD-Yardman John Deere GS-25

    Re: yardman riding mower problem

    Quote Originally Posted by bertsmobile1 View Post
    The outer cover is usually either pollyester or cotton.
    Id does nothing for the strength of the belt.
    Plain belts like on your cars fan are not wrapped and just like your tyres get sticky when they get hot.
    A hot sticky belt will not slip when you take the tension off it which is why mower belts are wrapped in most instances.
    ZTR belts do not need to be wrapped because there is no slipping clutch pulley.
    Berts Man - I Knew I could count on you to have an accurate and detailed explanation.. At least you aren't all concerned that I'm sitting around lamenting and considering cashing in my chips.. That ain't gonna happen! . . . . I just figure it's good for my mental attitude to bitch about what bugs me, know what I mean?
    I can't say that I've found a lot of benefits to growing older, other than it beats the crap out of the alternative, oh - and the senior discounts you can get. I like a discount as well as the next guy...

    Rog

Similar Threads

  1. Mid 90`s 42" Yardman riding mower- Gas flooding into crank/oil
    By Abosco14 in forum Briggs & Stratton Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-15-2016, 12:53 PM
  2. 2001 yardman riding mower won"start
    By dennyvet in forum Small Engine & Mower Repair
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-19-2015, 08:39 PM
  3. 17.5 riding mower starting problem
    By ronws67 in forum Troy-Bilt Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-04-2014, 08:20 PM
  4. yardman riding mower
    By c carter in forum Small Engine & Mower Repair
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 08:40 PM
  5. problem with craftsman riding mower
    By weezzell5400 in forum Craftsman Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-04-2011, 09:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •