yardman riding mower problem

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Berts-Man - You're the bestest!!!

I do have a question though... What do you mean when you say that the belts "must be wrapped"? Heck, I'm "wrapped", just not very tightly!!!

Rog B

Hey Rog, I think Bert is referring to a type of belt that has a final outer layer of Kevlar or "glass -cloth"
to provide additional strength and wear .......... ( sorta like better quality & money ) and yes we ALL know you have a "loose coil" somewhere !!! ( LOL )

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
you are still going strong hang in there

Strong!?!?! Dang, I'd be lucky to be able to beat my way out of a wet paper bag!!

As mother always said, "It's hell getting old!"

Roger B

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Damn Rog,
You soundin like bein ready to be wrapped in THEE FLAG and shot out tube # 1 ..
Ain't gonna happen long as I'm still around to put a fire under your "set-down"
and if you're looking for SYMPATHY ..... it's in the dictionary .. tween SHEET and Syphilis !!

You best quit blathering bout us bein old... I'll have a talk with the Lady of Your house and she WILL
read YOU the rule book AND riot act !!!! ......YOU got a ways to go yet Goomba !!! ...:cool2:..:laughing:

NorthBama

Threads
Damn Rog,
You soundin like bein ready to be wrapped in THEE FLAG and shot out tube # 1 ..
Ain't gonna happen long as I'm still around to put a fire under your "set-down"
and if you're looking for SYMPATHY ..... it's in the dictionary .. tween SHEET and Syphilis !!

You best quit blathering bout us bein old... I'll have a talk with the Lady of Your house and she WILL
read YOU the rule book AND riot act !!!! ......YOU got a ways to go yet Goomba !!! ...:cool2:..:laughing:

right on Boo well spoken

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
All I can say about this is read my signature.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Hey Rog, I think Bert is referring to a type of belt that has a final outer layer of Kevlar or "glass -cloth"
to provide additional strength and wear .......... ( sorta like better quality & money ) and yes we ALL know you have a "loose coil" somewhere !!! ( LOL )

The outer cover is usually either pollyester or cotton.
Id does nothing for the strength of the belt.
Plain belts like on your cars fan are not wrapped and just like your tyres get sticky when they get hot.
A hot sticky belt will not slip when you take the tension off it which is why mower belts are wrapped in most instances.
ZTR belts do not need to be wrapped because there is no slipping clutch pulley.

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
The outer cover is usually either pollyester or cotton.
Id does nothing for the strength of the belt.
Plain belts like on your cars fan are not wrapped and just like your tyres get sticky when they get hot.
A hot sticky belt will not slip when you take the tension off it which is why mower belts are wrapped in most instances.
ZTR belts do not need to be wrapped because there is no slipping clutch pulley.

Berts Man - I Knew I could count on you to have an accurate and detailed explanation.. At least you aren't all concerned that I'm sitting around lamenting and considering cashing in my chips.. That ain't gonna happen! . . . . I just figure it's good for my mental attitude to bitch about what bugs me, know what I mean?
I can't say that I've found a lot of benefits to growing older, other than it beats the crap out of the alternative, oh - and the senior discounts you can get. I like a discount as well as the next guy...

Rog