How to remove rust from new mower.

Geo_Zegarra2018

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi everyone,

I don't know if I'm posting on the right thread, but I need some advice. My parents just purchased a house and its the first time we own a house. We purchased a house in October 2015 so there wasn't any need of a lawn mower because it already was fall. In summer 2016 my parents decided to purchase a Kobalt 80-Volt lawn mower and is by far the greatest first lawn mower I owned. The Lawn mower does its job. When fall was coming I forgot to clean the blade area and now is all the grass is hard, which makes it harder to get rid off. My mower already has rust, and I'm a person who hates seeing rust. I was wondering if I could use baking soda with hot water to remove the rust.

Please, any suggestions on how to remove the thick grass and rust. I love this mower.

GMoore

Forum Newbie
Threads
I would tell you to use a stiff wire brush to remove all the big stuff. Then spray it with a rust-converter. Rustolium makes a spray on. then repaint it what ever color floats your boat.

solefate

Threads
I would tell you to use a stiff wire brush to remove all the big stuff. Then spray it with a rust-converter. Rustolium makes a spray on. then repaint it what ever color floats your boat.

I wonder how rhino-lining the underneath would fare? :tongue:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
.POR 15 Chassis coat will take any punishment including painting the underside of the deck.
Bullets bounce off it.
However you must apply it as per instructuions which is not exactly quick or easy.
I do the decks of all the push mowers I sell in POR 15 and have been using it well before I started fixing mowers for a living.
Some mowers I did better than 10years ago are still in almost new condition.