Kommander Z122R-42

formulation

Forum Newbie
Threads
My wife purchased the Kubota Kommander Z122R-42 with the Kubota bagger for me at the end of the mowing season last year. I have less than 5 hours on this machine. Looking for guidance in maintenance and potential problems to look out for. Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Penthor

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have owned this mower for 20 months. It has 103.6hrs. The belt comes off frequently. I heard there was recall on the tensioner but I have not contacted the dealer about it yet. I had a control arm sensor come unmounted and I had to stick it back on. Where the control arms rub on the body, the cast aluminum arm is being worn away quite fast. The port side front wheel had some play in it so that every time I hit a small bump there was a metal-to-metal 'whack'. I had to install a spacer. I have the Kawasaki engine and it has performed well. I blow the engine off with a compressor after each use, and clean the underside of the mower deck. Store it inside at night and do not wash it with water. That's about all I know.

234Firefighter

Forum Newbie
Threads
I had this mower for approximately a year and a half now with 125 hours . I have had the same problem with the belt coming off, started at 7 hours. I just got it out of the shop and they did confirm the tensioner setup on it has a recall. Took them a month to get the part to fix mine but its fixed. If your mower has this problem you should also notice you can smell your belt burning if you cut with your deck over 3 inches.