Engine Swap

Ltmt

Threads
I have a Troy Bilt Bronco with a Kohler SV 590 19 hp. engine that I have been working on. Last week a friend gave me his Cub Cadet RTZ 42 with a Kohler SV530S 17 hp. engine that blew up on him. I am thinking about swapping the engine from the Troy Bilt to the Cub Cadet and then I will have a zero turn with a newer engine. From what I have found out the only difference I see is that the shafts are a different length. The 19 hp. shaft is 3/32" shorter than the 17 hp.
Does anybody have any experience with this type of swap, any suggestions, or what to look out for.
The only real doubts I have is fitting the pulleys and the PTO to the shaft.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
3/32 is not enough to worry about. Just do the swap, and the pulleys will be fine.

Ltmt

Threads
Well I made the engine swap this weekend, but came up with one problem. The 19 hp engine came off a gravity feed gas system while the old 17 hp engine had a fuel pump system. Now I'm looking to see if I can just change the tops of the engines out and then have the vacuum fitting and the oil pressure sensor on the new engine. Has anyone had any experience on this kind of swap that they can enlighten me about.

Ltmt

Threads
Yes. Everything looks the same except the cover plate on the 19 hp. engine does not have the two holes drilled and tapped for the fittings to screw into. If I could use the cover plate from the 17 hp it would make my life a lot simpler as it already has these in the cover plate.

NorthBama

Threads
Yes. Everything looks the same except the cover plate on the 19 hp. engine does not have the two holes drilled and tapped for the fittings to screw into. If I could use the cover plate from the 17 hp it would make my life a lot simpler as it already has these in the cover plate.

does one fitting go to the pulse line for the fuel pump if so and cover from the 17 fits the 19 use the fuel pump from the 17

Ltmt

Threads
Yes, it does. Then the 17 also had the oil pressure sensor mounted just above the oil filter on top of the cover where the 19 doesn't have any of this.

NorthBama

Threads
Yes, it does. Then the 17 also had the oil pressure sensor mounted just above the oil filter on top of the cover where the 19 doesn't have any of this.

would be nice to use the oil pressure sending unit if the 19 had a threaded port.

Ltmt

Threads
I think I will order the gaskets and such for the 17 and just cross my fingers. Will let you know.