Snapper RER 28085S Restore

mattm55

Threads
Hello all,

I've always found great info on forums so I'll add my experience (or lack of) with restoring a Snapper RER 28085S that was given to me by my father-in-law. I already have it in pieces so I'll start the build up there. I think most can take things apart? It's getting them back together that's the problem ;o)

Model: Snapper RER 28085S 28" HiVac w/low profile bagger

Background: I had been given this mower around 2000 with a leaky 8HP Briggs. I replaced that engine with a 12HP Briggs that lasted up until this past season. That engine lost compression and "dropped" an intake valve. Being the end of the season I did the old "steak" the valve seat to finish out the leaf season. Worked but knew it was time to redo the engine.

So I removed the old Briggs and didn't stop... All the pieces for the mower are in boxes. I'm starting with the mower and will work on the deck in the next phase. It is amazing how easy and well built these machines are (OK, were). I'm currently waiting on parts and doing all the cleaning in a modified HF parts washer. Stay tuned for more...

Thanks, Matt

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hello all,

I've always found great info on forums so I'll add my experience (or lack of) with restoring a Snapper RER 28085S that was given to me by my father-in-law. I already have it in pieces so I'll start the build up there. I think most can take things apart? It's getting them back together that's the problem ;o)

Model: Snapper RER 28085S 28" HiVac w/low profile bagger

Background: I had been given this mower around 2000 with a leaky 8HP Briggs. I replaced that engine with a 12HP Briggs that lasted up until this past season. That engine lost compression and "dropped" an intake valve. Being the end of the season I did the old "steak" the valve seat to finish out the leaf season. Worked but knew it was time to redo the engine.

So I removed the old Briggs and didn't stop... All the pieces for the mower are in boxes. I'm starting with the mower and will work on the deck in the next phase. It is amazing how easy and well built these machines are (OK, were). I'm currently waiting on parts and doing all the cleaning in a modified HF parts washer. Stay tuned for more...

Thanks, Matt

OK ....... Now , lets see some pics..

Jack17

Threads
“My mama always said, ‘[Snapper rider] is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.'”-Forrest

mattm55

Threads
I have some pictures of the disassembled Snapper. I will be restoring in two phases. The (1) rider and the (2) deck.

Thanks, Matt

Attachments

• DSCN2751.jpg
    DSCN2751.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 42
  • DSCN2752.jpg
    DSCN2752.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 36
  • DSCN2753.jpg
    DSCN2753.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCN2754.jpg
    DSCN2754.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 36
  • DSCN2755.jpg
    DSCN2755.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 36

NorthBama

Threads
that guy from Mississippi sure speaks strange language
Nice work thanks for the pictures

Jack17

Threads
I don't suppose he's from Mississippi. Hong Kong...maybe?

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Looks like a nice start on your project Matt , keep the pics & up-dates coming .. Boobala ..:thumbsup:

mattm55

Threads
OK. I thought he was giving me some tips and tricks, like a model # for "shocks"?

"5.990.000Ä‘ nay còn shock hÆ¡n vá»›i quÃ* tặng"

Anyhow, thanks. As I keep cleaning the parts I find a few more things I need to order (gear shifter handle and chain case bearings are notchy). Once the weather warms up a slight bit here in the northeast I can start painting. In progress assembly pics will be forthcoming....

Thanks, Matt

NorthBama

Threads
he cant help you mod needs to take him out