Repairs WT1-125V Wisconsin Robin on a 214X4PR-2 leaky carb

elandem

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / WT1-125V Wisconsin Robin on a 214X4PR-2 leaky carb
Hey, new to the forum. Need a little assistance, please. I'm not a small engine or lawnmower expert, so use simple words with me.

I've got walk-behind Snapper 214X4PR-2 with a WT1-125V Wisconsin Robin. I got it in about 1990 brand new and have been using it ever sense. Great mower!

Seems like about every 3 years, after I mow, fuel keeps flowing and puddles up on the deck. I think through the hose, but maybe just out the carb. So, until I got it fixed, I would simply turn off the gas line and let it run out of gas to prevent the puddling. I used to take it to a a local Snapper repair guy and he would do some magic for about $80, and it would be fine for another 3 years. Well, it's doing it again, and he's out of business. I took it to a local mower shop, and he did some cleaning on the carb, cleaned out the tank, and declared it fixed. No new parts. Got it home and mowed a little (3 minutes). Puddling again on the deck after I shut it off, through the carburetor through the foam filter.

The mower is great and runs great. I really like it, but this is just aggravating. I've looked around and found some places that sell parts, but I don't really even know what I need. Anybody had this problem or have any quick solutions? I think that about covers all the basics of what I know/think the problem to be. I can keep turning off the gas line - is that a bad thing to do? I'm a simple homeowner with a small yard. I don't mind tinkering, but don't want to take it apart without some good instructions as to what I'm looking for and trying to solve.

I'd appreciate any advice.

aulball

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey, new to the forum. Need a little assistance, please. I'm not a small engine or lawnmower expert, so use simple words with me.

I've got walk-behind Snapper 214X4PR-2 with a WT1-125V Wisconsin Robin. I got it in about 1990 brand new and have been using it ever sense. Great mower!

Seems like about every 3 years, after I mow, fuel keeps flowing and puddles up on the deck. I think through the hose, but maybe just out the carb. So, until I got it fixed, I would simply turn off the gas line and let it run out of gas to prevent the puddling. I used to take it to a a local Snapper repair guy and he would do some magic for about $80, and it would be fine for another 3 years. Well, it's doing it again, and he's out of business. I took it to a local mower shop, and he did some cleaning on the carb, cleaned out the tank, and declared it fixed. No new parts. Got it home and mowed a little (3 minutes). Puddling again on the deck after I shut it off, through the carburetor through the foam filter.

The mower is great and runs great. I really like it, but this is just aggravating. I've looked around and found some places that sell parts, but I don't really even know what I need. Anybody had this problem or have any quick solutions? I think that about covers all the basics of what I know/think the problem to be. I can keep turning off the gas line - is that a bad thing to do? I'm a simple homeowner with a small yard. I don't mind tinkering, but don't want to take it apart without some good instructions as to what I'm looking for and trying to solve.

I'd appreciate any advice.

have you pulled your gas line off and used the fuel strainer and turned it off to see what happens when it isn't connected.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Subaru Robin 157-62303-00
CARBURETOR ASSY
(Interchangeable P/N 157623050...
$194.58
Or a carb rebuild kit of witch the needle valve is $49.89
Subaru Robin 157-62305-08
NEEDLE VALVE
(Interchangeable P/N 157-62303

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Old post but....

Get a carb off ebay. They come from China and work perfectly. I just installed one on a Wisconsin Robin W1-185V. Had to move the choke plate and shaft around, no big deal. Runs like a top again. Carb was $11.15 shipped to my door.

slomo