Looking to buy a quality mower!

Rickcin

Threads
If your looking to buy commercial then you don't want the Toro TimeMaster mower. If you want the commercial get ther Toro Turf Master mower or the Exmark 30" there basically the same mower, both made by Toro. I've run the TurfMaster for almost 4 years in the business and it's been a great mower and for $1700 you can't beat the machine. They come with the Kawasaki FJ 180V KAI 179cc commercial engine. I think or as I remember it's a 7hp engine and it's a forever motor if you give it the maintenance it deserves. I mite add I've never had a belt issue, change them one time since I've owned the mower.

https://www.toro.com/turfmaster/

play the video.

Thanks for the info, I will definitely take a look. Just want a quality mower that will last and I have looked into the eXmark 30 inch and keep reading reviews that the quality of cut is horrible and it somehow leaves some grass uncut. Comparing any of these 30 mowers to a 21 inch Honda leaves me to wonder why no other manufacturer can produce a mower close to that standard? I have an 1/2 lot and if I cannot find a reasonably good 30 inch mower, I will suck up the extra time in cutting the lawn with a 21 inch Honda. I would love to have a 36 inch EXmark or Gravley commercial mower but having trouble with a $3200 price tag!

Thanks for the info on the Toro and I will start looking at them

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks for the info, I will definitely take a look. Just want a quality mower that will last and I have looked into the eXmark 30 inch and keep reading reviews that the quality of cut is horrible and it somehow leaves some grass uncut. Comparing any of these 30 mowers to a 21 inch Honda leaves me to wonder why no other manufacturer can produce a mower close to that standard? I have an 1/2 lot and if I cannot find a reasonably good 30 inch mower, I will suck up the extra time in cutting the lawn with a 21 inch Honda. I would love to have a 36 inch EXmark or Gravley commercial mower but having trouble with a $3200 price tag!

Thanks for the info on the Toro and I will start looking at them

The Cut quality on the Turf Master 30" is the best I've seen with any push mower. I leave the chute closed and don't discharge and it has the prettiest cut I've ever had with a push mower and that includes the Honda's and I've run three of those over the years before the TM. I think the reason you don't see company's or other manufacturers not producing a 30" is because like you, the homeowner isn't willing to spend $1700 plus on a push mower and even if they were willing, using a push mower like the Turf-Master that comes in at 170 lbs isn't for everyone. For myself, in business time is money and the TM saves me time and increases productivity over the 21". If your stuck on the 21" I'd look at again the Toro 21" commercial mower, it also comes with the Kawasaki FJ 180V KAI 179cc commercial engine Kawasaki engine and the Honda commercial engine. The last time I looked they were some place close to $1200 and they are an excellent choice.