Cub Cadet Push Mower Will Not Start

ProMower

Threads
Hi All,

I have a Cub Cadet push mower I am working on. I am experienced, but stuck on this problem. CDN model # 11A 18M7596

I have a brand new replacement carb, good gas, good plug, and it will not start. It will start for a few seconds if I spray quick start in. It has fuel, the bowl is full of fuel. Gas flows freely to the carb. It has an auto choke system, where the choke is on by default and comes off when the motor gets up to speed.

Any ideas? Thanks!!!

Glenn

ronaldcolla

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi All,

I have a Cub Cadet push mower I am working on. I am experienced, but stuck on this problem. CDN model # 11A 18M7596

I have a brand new replacement carb, good gas, good plug, and it will not start. It will start for a few seconds if I spray quick start in. It has fuel, the bowl is full of fuel. Gas flows freely to the carb. It has an auto choke system, where the choke is on by default and comes off when the motor gets up to speed.

Any ideas? Thanks!!!

Glenn

Hi Glenn I'm having the same problem installed new carb clean system bowl full of fuel but won't run got me puzzled I even changed fuel line thinking it might have a flapper inside still no start glad to see I'm not the only one still trying to
figure out

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Modern fuels are conductive at compression pressures so once they get wet with fuel they will spark all day outside the engine but not inside.
Cleaning a modern spark plug is by burning the deposits off.
Sometimes a bad plug can be resurected by putting it into a hot engine.

ProMower

Threads
I got another one just like it, going to figure it out tommorow.

Hi Glenn I'm having the same problem installed new carb clean system bowl full of fuel but won't run got me puzzled I even changed fuel line thinking it might have a flapper inside still no start glad to see I'm not the only one still trying to
figure out

ProMower

Threads
I think fresh gas even if the gas looks ok. The other part I found was, the auto choke needs the air filter in place to have enough choke to start. Since I am always testing without the air filter, this kind of tricked me up.

I got another one just like it, going to figure it out tommorow.