False/Misleading Advertising of Dealer

1scag1

Threads
Hi Folks!! :smile: I have a 'legal eagle' type question for someone out there. Here's the scenario.........I purchased a '61" Scag Turf Tiger zero turn'(demo mower, 50 hrs) in good faith from one of the largest agriculture dealers in the US, only to be SHOCKED at what turned up!! 1 worn out mower, requiring many repairs. :mad: The unit sent alarm bells to me, so I contacted the manufacturer who have been VERY helpful in informing me of the age of my mower. To cut to the chase.......the mower is '7 years OLDER' than what the company states/stands by. To confirm the age difference I did research on the engine, and asked the manufacturer about the engine, only to be told it was 1 year older/8 years.
Could someone tell me there thoughts of what they would do in this instance if this happened to them! Thank you for taking time to read this!! :smile: Gav.

RDA.Lawns

Threads
Its up to the purchasers to do the research. Unless its in writing that its x years old when its really z years old your stuck. Truthfully your stuck anyway. There is absolutely no chance you can sue them and come out. Yea you may win. You will end up more invested in legal fees than what you spent already. You wouldn't be hurting them 1 bit.

I find it very hard to see how a 50hr machine can be wore out . Your obviously not happy with it. What are the issues your having with it?

You maybe best to sale it. Cut your losses and move on. Chances are you can sale it and at least get 1/2 to 5/8 your money back.

RDA.Lawns

Threads
http://www.agrimarketing.com/s/104550 This is a list of the top 10 agri dealers in the US. With the lowest having 20 locations. Even the #10 would have a couple lawyers and a legal team on the payroll just waiting for something to do. If you decided to pursue the issue you would have to park your mower to preserve the conditions of it. And you would not be able to sale it. You'd be looking at aprox 3 to 6 years before it actually made its way to a judge. Good luck hope this info helps some. Maybe others will offer their thoughts.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
http://www.agrimarketing.com/s/104550 This is a list of the top 10 agri dealers in the US. With the lowest having 20 locations. Even the #10 would have a couple lawyers and a legal team on the payroll just waiting for something to do. If you decided to pursue the issue you would have to park your mower to preserve the conditions of it. And you would not be able to sale it. You'd be looking at aprox 3 to 6 years before it actually made its way to a judge. Good luck hope this info helps some. Maybe others will offer their thoughts.

Over here in the Central Fl. (Orlando) area we have a ( actually a few ) TV News stations with Investigative reporters ..
you lodge a complaint, and if they find the the consumer has been "wronged" ... they splash it all over the news and pursue the situation, trying to get things turned into the desired results !! They do a great job , covering everything from bad products to politicians ...might want to check around YOUR area for a consumers action group or a news outlet willing to help you . As stated earlier in this thread ... you need big bucks to go after these " anal-cavitys " pretending to be trustworthy business folks... by all means file a complaint to your local Business Bureau.... good luck..:mad:..:mur:

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I find it very hard to see how a 50hr machine can be wore out . Your obviously not happy with it. What are the issues your having with it?

Was it worn out or miss used. Maybe the hour meter has been changed? If its been repaired and running fine I say use it and not worry about the age because you are buying a mower not a car. It would be a hard thing to fight in court unless its all in writing because it would be they said you said case and do nothing but cost you money.

snorky1

Threads
file a charge back on your credit card with the complaint wrong item or damaged item

RDA.Lawns

Threads
file a charge back on your credit card with the complaint wrong item or damaged item

That won't work. He didn't say he used his credit card. At this point he's had it long enough its yours. You've purchased it you own it. Sucks but it's what you got.

1scag1

Threads
Hi Folks!! :smile: I have a 'legal eagle' type question for someone out there. Here's the scenario.........I purchased a '61" Scag Turf Tiger zero turn'(demo mower, 50 hrs) in good faith from one of the largest agriculture dealers in the US, only to be SHOCKED at what turned up!! 1 worn out mower, requiring many repairs. :mad: The unit sent alarm bells to me, so I contacted the manufacturer who have been VERY helpful in informing me of the age of my mower. To cut to the chase.......the mower is '7 years OLDER' than what the company states/stands by. To confirm the age difference I did research on the engine, and asked the manufacturer about the engine, only to be told it was 1 year older/8 years.
Could someone tell me there thoughts of what they would do in this instance if this happened to them! Thank you for taking time to read this!! :smile: Gav.

Thank you everyone for taking time to read/reply!! :smile: I will just fill in the little parts that make the BIGGER picture. I payed just about NEW price for the mower due to it being a 'demo mower!' The hour meter does 'dimly' display more than 1400 hours. Collapsed bearings, don't happen to demo machinery! Seized components don't happen in 50 hours either! :mad: I've been in the trade to long......and have far to much experience.(Engineering) Unfortunately in this case, I purchased the mower off the web/internet. Pictures are hard to get the finer details at a distance, etc. I had the mower shipped out of the states, as I live in another part of the world. :smile:
I very much like the engineering of the mower itself............but what I payed and the dealer's bulls..t......I also brought a JD Gator 825i, from another part of the states, different dealer of course, the advertising was bang on!! 100% correct, for the unit I couldn't be happier, but as the the other dealer.........probably the battlefield!!
Well thanks for taking time again in reading this!! :smile:

Jack17

Threads
Did you contact the dealer you bought it from? If so what did they tell you?
Second, tell us how long ago did you buy it, was a mower warranty included in a deal, and did you do any repairs on it yourself? Look at the bill of sale, if what it says on it is different from what you got, like the hour meter, file a complaint with State Attorney's Office in the state your mower came from. Forms are on-line, download it, fill it out, attach copies of all paperwork and tell them what is it that you want that dealer to do in order to satisfy your grievance.

p.s; I sure hope that you still have the original dealer ad...if so, make sure that you mail it in with the rest of it.

Good luck!

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I didn't look at where you lived, New Zeeland. So on top of everything you had a big shipping charge and big repair bills. The state attorneys office as stated earlyer you can also complain to the better business bureau in the state you bought it from. Sorry you got took so bad from our country USA because I find that most business's in this country are honest. But just like NZ we have some bad and dishonest people also. :mad: