False/Misleading Advertising of Dealer

snorky1

Threads
well you can allways use social media to bring light on them if that dealer has a twitter or face book page, not to mention google reviews, yelp etc
the squeaky wheel gets the grease and at the least mabie you save someone else from your plight
sorry you got screwed!

GoPappy

Forum Newbie
Threads
.........I purchased a '61" Scag Turf Tiger zero turn'(demo mower, 50 hrs) . . . .

. . . The hour meter does 'dimly' display more than 1400 hours. . . .

. . . Collapsed bearings[/B], don't happen to demo machinery! Seized components don't happen in 50 hours either! . . . .

These statements are inconsistent. Did the ad say 50 hours, but they shipped you a 1,400 hour machine? If so, that would be fraud and you could contact the Attorney General's office of the state where the dealer is located. But I agree with the other posters that your options are limited at this point.

Didn't the ad show a picture of the hour meter?

1scag1

Threads
Hi Folks, :smile: thanks again for taking time to read!! I understand what everyone has written, and I feel after doing considerable research on state laws, etc, this will have to play out in the court room, the dealer I purchased off, has only produced a receipt of sale, their purchase receipt. And of course gone to ground!!(Buried there heads in the sand so to speak!) :mad:
Scag is the manufacturer of the unit/mower, and everything they have sent me after I sent them serial numbers of components of the mower......line up/match. Hence why I contacted the engine manufacturer, and sent through the code numbers of the engine, to them. And of course all the pieces of the puzzle come together!!
Well.....thanks again!! Happy mowing for the mowers that work, and well............there's people like myself out there.......payed a lot and only to get a lot of work on the unit to make it go!! :laughing:

1scag1

Threads
well you can allways use social media to bring light on them if that dealer has a twitter or face book page, not to mention google reviews, yelp etc
the squeaky wheel gets the grease and at the least mabie you save someone else from your plight
sorry you got screwed!

Hi, :smile: thank YOU for the info...............well you are correct and I have nothing to loose!! :thumbsup: Yes......'rattle their daggs' is the saying this end of the planet for them!! :thumbdown:
The doggy dealer I purchased the mower from is: Ag-pro companies,(https://www.agprocompanies.com/) the branch was, Middleburg, Florida. :thumbdown: Sorry to say.......out of the 4 businesses I had dealings with concerning the 2 pieces of equipment I purchased in the states only 50% get my tick of approval!!
Well onward and upward they say................thanks again for the info!! Gav.

1scag1

Threads
These statements are inconsistent. Did the ad say 50 hours, but they shipped you a 1,400 hour machine? If so, that would be fraud and you could contact the Attorney General's office of the state where the dealer is located. But I agree with the other posters that your options are limited at this point.

Didn't the ad show a picture of the hour meter?

Hi, in reply to your comments...............YES, yes everything I have said/stated about the mower is TRUE and CORRECT!! Why do you think I was really shocked when I physically saw the mower with my own 2 eyes!! :mad: As stated.......Scag have been really good/brilliant with the info provided, and also the engine manufacturer!! Just the doggy dealer, I have nothing to say positive about!!!! Gav

1scag1

Threads
Over here in the Central Fl. (Orlando) area we have a ( actually a few ) TV News stations with Investigative reporters ..
you lodge a complaint, and if they find the the consumer has been "wronged" ... they splash it all over the news and pursue the situation, trying to get things turned into the desired results !! They do a great job , covering everything from bad products to politicians ...might want to check around YOUR area for a consumers action group or a news outlet willing to help you . As stated earlier in this thread ... you need big bucks to go after these " anal-cavitys " pretending to be trustworthy business folks... by all means file a complaint to your local Business Bureau.... good luck..:mad:..:mur:

Hi, :smile: thank YOU for the information :thumbsup:..............I'll do a bit of research.......and go from there!! :smile: Thanks, Gav.

mhavanti

Threads
Sorry you were screwed by someone from the US. It has happened to us all at one time or another whether online or in person at their place of operations. I operated several businesses all at one time. It can be very difficult to keep all of your employees doing the right thing and making sure they understand it is my name on the billboard and I will not have my name or business sullied.

When paying commissions I had to learn the hard way to do: follow ups, have a second pair of eyes on each sales contract, a quality control person go over each house, car, truck, insurance policy, mortgage, over the road haul we did to make sure that my customers were always happy. We could no longer be the cheapest company around, but we could have the highest customer satisfaction index (CSI) within our competitive areas.

You've had some good advice on how to go forward and there is one other thing I would add. Find out who the CEO - President - CFO - Advertising Chief - Quality Control - Sales Manager, etc. are for that firm and contact each with your concerns and issues. Provide them the link to this forum after you receive your first reply if you do not receive an acceptable or satisfactory reply.

Make a nice Youtube video as a "review" of both the company and the mower to provide to them after you've received their first reply. Court of public opinion is a place I would have never wanted any of my businesses to have to appear. Plus, I was taught you should always give your customer a dollar and a dime's worth for a dollar if it doesn't hurt me and I still believe in over delivering and that may be considered buying your customers, I like to think of it as giving your customers a reason to say something nice rather than the opposite.

Good luck Sir,

Max

PS. May be about time the forum makes a pilgrimage to a certain dealership! lol, Joke.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I know that you got a bad deal and I do feel sorry for you. BUT As I understand this forum is not the place to mention the name of the place of business that did you the dirty deed as I understand its one of their rules. :thumbdown:

mhavanti

Threads
Reynold, I'm sure he got the point and he'll know from now on. That was why I mentioned doing a video posting and perhaps start up a review site.

Our new friend from down unda, no worries mate. Keep posting and keep us all informed.

Any bad business firm for one is a bad business firm for us all.

Max

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Reynold, I'm sure he got the point and he'll know from now on. That was why I mentioned doing a video posting and perhaps start up a review site.

Our new friend from down unda, no worries mate. Keep posting and keep us all informed.

Any bad business firm for one is a bad business firm for us all.

Max

Yes I do understand what you are saying and sure hope to keep our new friend from down under. Just don't want to see him get banded form this forum for some innocent foolish mistake that isn't his fault.