Best Mulching Mower

Ingride

Forum Newbie
Threads
I appreciate any assistance... :smile: My husband and I own almost 3 acres of land with many pine trees and a variety of deciduous trees. We have two small areas of lawn (less than an acre total) that are struggling due to lack of sunlight and constant covering of leaves/pine needles. Eventually we are going to pay to have some trees removed, but in the meantime I want a ride on mower that can mulch the leaves and pine cones (along with the grass) and can handle the slightly uneven terrain. I would also like to mulch leaves in areas without grass if possible. I am hoping to pay less than $3000 new. I don't know if my best bet is a mower alone or with a mulching/begging implement. I know that the Cub Cadet has an optional mulching blade and mulching kit. I am thinking of a Cub Cadet or Huskie, but I am open to any suggestions. Thank you!!!

deminin

Threads
I appreciate any assistance... :smile: My husband and I own almost 3 acres of land with many pine trees and a variety of deciduous trees. We have two small areas of lawn (less than an acre total) that are struggling due to lack of sunlight and constant covering of leaves/pine needles. Eventually we are going to pay to have some trees removed, but in the meantime I want a ride on mower that can mulch the leaves and pine cones (along with the grass) and can handle the slightly uneven terrain. I would also like to mulch leaves in areas without grass if possible. I am hoping to pay less than $3000 new. I don't know if my best bet is a mower alone or with a mulching/begging implement. I know that the Cub Cadet has an optional mulching blade and mulching kit. I am thinking of a Cub Cadet or Huskie, but I am open to any suggestions. Thank you!!!

I have 40 acres of heavy forest, and keep about 2 acres around the house mowed. I have a Husqvarna YTH24V48 and in the Fall I put on the mulching plate and grind up gobs of leaves and small branches....usually have to do it 2 or 3 times before all the leaves have fallen. I'm just using the regular blades, and the Husky does a good job. I have a neighbor who has a Cub Cadet, and he has a lot of trouble with that thing throwing the belt. Lowe's sells this mower...now a YTA24V48...for about $2,000, plus tax. Based upon my experience, I would have to give the Husky an A+.