Water in fuel

mastercraftka

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok I have a 27 hp v twin only a couple years old. I put some gas in the tank that had water in it, I know dumb. So ever since then it Lopes! Like the governor won't settle in. I drained all the gas and put some seafoam in and drained the bowl changed the filter and plugs. Every once in awhile it will run smooth but right now it just speeds up and slows down, not slow fast and will not idle.

Could the water have ruined the fuel pump? not sure what do do at this point.

thanks,

Mike

RDA.Lawns

Threads
Change the plugs. If that doesn't help your in for a carb cleaning. Fuel pump is not affected by water.

RDA.Lawns

Threads
Didn't see you had changed plugs my bad. You probably going to have to clean the carb.

mastercraftka

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ya and while I posted this thread I went and pulled the carb off. The don't make it easy!!! I have my wife enroute with carb cleaner. So hopefully that is it.

mastercraftka

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok well good news got it off cleaned up and back on and spins like a top!!

RDA.Lawns

Threads
Good deal. Glad you got it going..

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ok well good news got it off cleaned up and back on and spins like a top!!

Guess you learned to check the fuel can now ... I have bought gas at stations and found water from in THEIR tanks .... especially after heavy rains & flooding conditions ...Sheet happens ...ya know !!

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
It doesn't help either that all fuel containing ethanol has a certain percentage of water in it from the start. The alcohol contains water.

mastercraftka

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ya today's gas really is bad for engines!! I new better when I put the gas in there to had a bad feeling, but i think something stopped the card up must have been some debris in there as well. Anyway it is running at the moment. thanks!!