My Troy Built self propelled TB200 is leaking through the intake (air filter)

rcristea

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / My Troy Built self propelled TB200 is leaking through the intake (air filter)
I'm desperate with this - I clean everything - took the carburetor out, clean it - nothing. I even replace the carburator - the mower starts and then it starts leaking trough the air filter and stalls soon after.
I also checked the spark plug - it was full of gas - I clean it, used some sand paper to make sure it will fire, put everything back together - same thing - it starts, but starts leaking soon after.
If anybody has any suggestions I would really appreciate it.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / My Troy Built self propelled TB200 is leaking through the intake (air filter)
Lets start with the model number of the mower and especially the model number of the engine, so we know what we are looking at.

rcristea

Forum Newbie
Threads
I believe that the engine model number is 093J02-0011-F1 BRIGGS & STRATTON.
Thanks again

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I am thinking either the choke isn't opening upon start up. Or you have a partial clog in the carb vent system. There is a hole at the upper right corner of the carb inlet. That should line up with the same hole on the cover. Is it possible for air to move through that hole. Some vent through there and some don't But if it is designed to vent through that hole, and is clogged will cause the problem you are seeing.

rcristea

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the reply.

I replaced the carburetor with a brand new one, so I'm thinking that the carburetor vent system is fine.

Also - I took the entire thing apart (again) and checked the vent system - there is a plastic part that covers it - so the model that I have doesn't vent through there.
As far as the choke goes I'm not sure - is this the choke? - see attached image1.jpg

BTW - If I don't connect what I believe is the choke in the attached, the mower spits a combination of gas an oil through the filter.

Thanks for your help

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
That is the linkage to hold the choke open when restarting a warm engine. the part in the box is the bimetal spring that gets heat from the exhaust to hold the choke open when the engine is warm. With that disconnected the choke should still open when the engine is started and is running. I am starting to think from your description that the choke isn't opening upon start up.

The actual choke us the part were the opposite end of the linkage in your picture connects to the carb. That is connected to a butterfly inside the carb. Is that opening when the engine is first started.